News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Jermaine Eluemunor on the cart

Started by MightyGiants, July 24, 2024, 11:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: coggs on July 24, 2024, 06:47:53 PMIt's definitely Ronnie Barnes's fault.

I think you are mixing him up with Neal where his crack medical staff had him practicing on an ankle fracture they missed.   Perhaps you were talking about Waller after nearly dying from their medical care.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

MightyGiants

Quote from: AZGiantFan on July 25, 2024, 01:31:57 PMThat's sarcasm, Sheldon.

I am not sure I would call it that because it was not very good, nor funny sarcasm.  It's funny, @coggs loves to fanboy Ronnie Barnes, but he doesn't want to address his medical staff failing to diagnose Neal's ankle fracture (they had him practicing on it, which is likely why he is on PUP), nor did he want to address the complications Waller suffered from the treatment that he felt nearly killed him.  Instead, he seems to try and troll by claiming that Ronnie Barnes somehow made JE better or by making false claims that fans were blaming Barnes for the injury.  I am surprised you decided to jump in and defend what Coggs has been doing, Rich.  I truly am

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 25, 2024, 01:37:44 PMI am not sure I would call it that because it was not very good, nor funny sarcasm.  It's funny, @coggs loves to fanboy Ronnie Barnes, but he doesn't want to address his medical staff failing to diagnose Neal's ankle fracture (they had him practicing on it, which is likely why he is on PUP), nor did he want to address the complications Waller suffered from the treatment that he felt nearly killed him.  Instead, he seems to try and troll by claiming that Ronnie Barnes somehow made JE better or by making false claims that fans were blaming Barnes for the injury.  I am surprised you decided to jump in and defend what Coggs has been doing, Rich.  I truly am

LOLOLOL 

Frankly I don't keep track of anybody's position on Ronnie Barnes.  I wasn't defending coggs, I was pointing out that it didn't seem like you got the sarcasm.  Which you have now confirmed.  I'm no fan of Barnes, but I have to believe your obsession with him is not healthy.  My remark was some gentle teasing and you respond with this.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

MightyGiants

Quote from: AZGiantFan on July 25, 2024, 03:03:16 PMLOLOLOL 

Frankly I don't keep track of anybody's position on Ronnie Barnes.  I wasn't defending coggs, I was pointing out that it didn't seem like you got the sarcasm.  Which you have now confirmed.  I'm no fan of Barnes, but I have to believe your obsession with him is not healthy.  My remark was some gentle teasing and you respond with this.

I can appreciate the gentle teasing, but I hope you realize there was more going on than you realized. That was @coggs' second attempt to bait me and others who are less than happy with the results Ronnie Barnes has produced.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

If anyone deserves "gentle teasing", it's folks who actually think the Giants' penchant for being the most injured team (or among the very short list of most injured teams) every single year going back a long time is just down to bad luck, and that's just the way it goes.

That doesn't mean I don't think injuries happen to all teams, nor does it mean I'm singling Ronnie Barnes out and saying it's all his fault.

I do feel strongly however that there is clear room for improvement as far as our organization's ability to keep its personnel healthy goes. The sample size of data is vast. People can feel free to have any opinion they want, obviously, but generally speaking when hard evidence consistently points in one direction over a large sample, there's usually something there worth looking into.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 25, 2024, 03:39:34 PMIf anyone deserves "gentle teasing", it's folks who actually think the Giants' penchant for being the most injured team (or among the very short list of most injured teams) every single year going back a long time is just down to bad luck, and that's just the way it goes.

That doesn't mean I don't think injuries happen to all teams, nor does it mean I'm singling Ronnie Barnes out and saying it's all his fault.

I do feel strongly however that there is clear room for improvement as far as our organization's ability to keep its personnel healthy goes. The sample size of data is vast. People can feel free to have any opinion they want, obviously, but generally speaking when hard evidence consistently points in one direction over a large sample, there's usually something there worth looking into.

No head coach or GM would survive being at the bottom of the league for over a decade
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

I'm late to the news today, but didn't they bring in a big offensive lineman yesterday for a workout...Greg Van Roten, who has played for Bricillo. Any news that we signed him?

https://gmenhq.com/posts/ny-giants-host-starting-caliber-guard-greg-van-roten-surprise-visit-ahead-camp-01j3dm1ac615
The fact that Keith Richards has outlived Richard Simmons, sure makes me question this whole, "healthy eating and exercise" thing

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on July 25, 2024, 04:01:31 PMI'm late to the news today, but didn't they bring in a big offensive lineman yesterday for a workout...Greg Van Roten, who has played for Bricillo. Any news that we signed him?

https://gmenhq.com/posts/ny-giants-host-starting-caliber-guard-greg-van-roten-surprise-visit-ahead-camp-01j3dm1ac615

Dead silence, I am thinking it's a long shot to happen.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE