News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Dante Miller - RB

Started by Leek21, July 25, 2024, 04:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leek21

For those who are closely watching training camp. Any sightings of Dante Miller ?  Is he getting any reps ?

MightyGiants

Quote from: Leek21 on July 25, 2024, 04:00:31 PMFor those who are closely watching training camp. Any sightings of Dante Miller ?  Is he getting any reps ?

If he is getting reps, it's with the 3s.  In my opinion, RBs win or lose their jobs in PS games.  They need tackling to really see what they can do.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

This guy feels like a longshot, but I'm not sure there is a single team in the league where he'd have a better shot of making the team than the Giants. Our RB room is truly paper thin. Our top RB is a complementary/committee guy, and there is not one single other RB on the roster who has ever demonstrated he can play at even a supbar, barely mediocre level in the NFL. The door couldn't be more wide open on this team for this guy to show he can play.

Jclayton92

Seems like Tracy is getting the 2nd team reps.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on July 25, 2024, 05:18:07 PMSeems like Tracy is getting the 2nd team reps.

I hear Gray and Tracy are alternating
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 25, 2024, 05:20:27 PMI hear Gray and Tracy are alternating
Probably so, just the clips I saw had Tracy in the backfield.

Ed Vette

Until they put on full pads or as Rich said in PS games, RBs can only be evaluated in routes, receptions, kick and punt returns and motion. Although, seeing the number of reps with the first and second teams is a clue to the pecking order.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on July 26, 2024, 07:02:22 AMUntil they put on full pads or as Rich said in PS games, RBs can only be evaluated in routes, receptions, kick and punt returns and motion. Although, seeing the number of reps with the first and second teams is a clue to the pecking order.

Yeah, you can get a feel for a RB as a receiver, but when it comes to rushing, nothing beats seeing how far they get before they get tackled.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

todge

It seems to me that the Giants should find a role for a guy with 4.27 speed. He would have certainly been drafted if not for a fluke NCAA snafu. But will they give him a chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveBrown74

Quote from: todge on July 26, 2024, 07:40:40 PMIt seems to me that the Giants should find a role for a guy with 4.27 speed. He would have certainly been drafted if not for a fluke NCAA snafu. But will they give him a chance?

That is precisely what they are doing right now, no?

todge

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 26, 2024, 07:45:26 PMThat is precisely what they are doing right now, no?
I meant a chance to make the roster and play.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: todge on July 27, 2024, 10:57:49 AMI meant a chance to make the roster and play.

I would still argue that that is precisely what he has been given. He is on the current camp roster and is getting reps and being closely evaluated by the coaching staff. I am not understanding how that is not "a chance to make the roster"? Are you saying it should be automatic? Not sure I understand what you mean.