News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What I want to see from Jones

Started by MightyGiants, July 30, 2024, 07:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

On the long ball I would like to see close to 50% accuracy.  On shorter throws I want consistent accuracy with quality ball placement.   Overall, I want to see DJ be much more consistent.   DJ does not have elite arm strength, but you don't need that to win.   There are other ways.   Like Greg Cosell says, do the basics consistently well.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MrGap92

I am sure we all want that and for him to do well, I have learned to take a believe it when I see it approach with him. Let's hope for the best, hopefully the new additions can all help.

MightyGiants

Quote from: MrGap92 on July 30, 2024, 08:27:43 AMI am sure we all want that and for him to do well, I have learned to take a believe it when I see it approach with him. Let's hope for the best, hopefully the new additions can all help.

I am not saying it will happen.  It's just what I am looking for from him
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MrGap92

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 30, 2024, 08:42:42 AMI am not saying it will happen.  It's just what I am looking for from him

I know, didn't mean it any type of way, I agree.

For me, I just want to feel good about the team for more than a season, last year was rough after a trip to the playoffs.

President Rick

do we really know anything at all about what coaches told Jones about the long ball.  He has the arm...did he have the receivers, or the TIME for many long balls the last few years??? And did the coaches tell him NOT to bother looking deep because of the time/pressure issues or not to risk the INT with  pressure and the possibility of an errant throw or getting hit as he was letting it go.  In other words, was he being allowed to go deep in more than the few instances we saw it happen??  what do we actually know??
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

jimc

- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

AZGiantFan

Quote from: President Rick on July 30, 2024, 09:13:53 AMdo we really know anything at all about what coaches told Jones about the long ball.  He has the arm...did he have the receivers, or the TIME for many long balls the last few years??? And did the coaches tell him NOT to bother looking deep because of the time/pressure issues or not to risk the INT with  pressure and the possibility of an errant throw or getting hit as he was letting it go.  In other words, was he being allowed to go deep in more than the few instances we saw it happen??  what do we actually know??

Exactly.  Just as in real estate it is location, location, location in QB performance  it is context, context, context.  As some are constantly ignoring.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Trench

He seems to be really struggling this camp. Maybe it's a sign because last year he was lighting it up and look how well that worked out. Maybe this year will be opposite but I'm concerned he cannot make the easy throws consistently (under throwing reports we keep hearing about).

Jclayton92

I just want to see the middle of the field used more without leaning on short routes via Wandale.