News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants color coding of their draft board

Started by MightyGiants, July 31, 2024, 10:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Dan Duggan
@DDuggan21
Was planning to dig into this today, but seems like
@Doug_Analytics
 already nailed it. Here's his interpretation:

• Blue: A+ character
• Red: Medical concerns
• Purple: Character concerns
• Pink: Measurement/size concerns
• Grey: Position flexibility
• Yellow: Potential position change

Related: No team will ever volunteer for this show again.

https://x.com/DDuggan21/status/1818652789867737094
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gmo11

Pretty crazy for this to have gotten past all the people who have to watch this stuff before it hits air.  Every time they showed Schoen's white board in the office it was blurred out but somehow this monstrosity gets through??  Sheesh.

Bob In PA

I thought the order in which the QB's were listed was of particular interest. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

DaveBrown74

I have to say, I'm surprised the Giants allowed this to be aired.

I appreciate it's only revealing their plans about an event that already happened, but if I'm truly trying to be as airtight as possible as a franchise, I don't want anyone else even getting a whiff of how we do things at that granular a level.

Not a huge deal obviously, but I am still a little surprised by it.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on July 31, 2024, 11:47:40 AMI thought the order in which the QB's were listed was of particular interest. Bob

Bob,

This is the order they were drafted.  The board is just the taken board.  The color coding is what slipped past the team's management and gives some insights into what NYG thought of the prospects
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 31, 2024, 12:39:04 PMBob,

This is the order they were drafted.  The board is just the taken board.  The color coding is what slipped past the team's management and gives some insights into what NYG thought of the prospects

:doh:
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Gmo11 on July 31, 2024, 11:39:16 AMPretty crazy for this to have gotten past all the people who have to watch this stuff before it hits air.  Every time they showed Schoen's white board in the office it was blurred out but somehow this monstrosity gets through??  Sheesh.

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 31, 2024, 12:23:11 PMI have to say, I'm surprised the Giants allowed this to be aired.

I appreciate it's only revealing their plans about an event that already happened, but if I'm truly trying to be as airtight as possible as a franchise, I don't want anyone else even getting a whiff of how we do things at that granular a level.

Not a huge deal obviously, but I am still a little surprised by it.

I think it gave away a little information the Giants would have preferred not to give away (what they thought of various prospects).

I think one thing that is less than ideal is how the 4 Giants draft picks who weren't color-coded blue feel about not making that cut.  The only blues were Nuben and 6th pick Muaseu
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 31, 2024, 12:41:30 PMI think it gave away a little information the Giants would have preferred not to give away (what they thought of various prospects).

I think one thing that is less than ideal is how the 4 Giants draft picks who weren't color-coded blue feel about not making that cut.  The only blues were Nuben and 6th pick Muaseu
Not every one is the blue ra ra leader, you need those yes, but having a full team of them is probably not good. You need the dogs too, ala Nabers and Theo. You need a balance, couple blues, couple dogs, couple of team guys, couple of elite guys etc should be a melting pot.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on July 31, 2024, 02:50:54 PMNot every one is the blue ra ra leader, you need those yes, but having a full team of them is probably not good. You need the dogs too, ala Nabers and Theo. You need a balance, couple blues, couple dogs, couple of team guys, couple of elite guys etc should be a melting pot.

I agree with that.  I just know being tagged blue or not is not something the team will tell their picks.  Human nature, most will want to think they were tagged blue
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MrGap92

So would Nabers not having a tag mean anything? Theybhad Odunze as blue, clearly liked Nabers better

AZGiantFan

Nabers didn't have the dreaded purple tag, which is all I really care about.  I'd rather have the better player with an edge than the not quite as good blue tag guy.  The blue tag reminds me of the year where it seemed as if the Giants drafted all team captains.  How'd that work out?
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll