News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Now that HK is over, how do you feel about NYG's management?

Started by MightyGiants, July 31, 2024, 12:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

With the insights gained from Hard Knocks,  how do you feel about NYG's management?

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 01, 2024, 06:31:40 PMThe Giants draft room will learn of the pick via call and text from the table at the draft.  I suspect HK didn't think that made for good TV.

To me it suggests that they are willing to disort things for drama, or good tv.  And that makes it very difficult to trust that what they are showing us is reality.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

MightyGiants

Quote from: AZGiantFan on August 01, 2024, 06:36:10 PMTo me it suggests that they are willing to disort things for drama, or good tv.  And that makes it very difficult to trust that what they are showing us is reality.

I am not sure I would say it was distortion as much as it's clear HK is in the business of entertainment more than education. If you notice HK never addressed how or when teams learn the prior pick, it was more implied/assumed
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 01, 2024, 06:39:07 PMI am not sure I would say it was distortion as much as it's clear HK is in the business of entertainment more than education. If you notice HK never addressed how or when teams learn the prior pick, it was more implied/assumed

Which is what I've been saying all along and why my view of management, or pretty well anything else remains jnchanged.  It is the Meerkat Manner methodology applied to a football team.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll