News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Mario Goodrich CB

Started by Dumpster Dan, July 31, 2024, 04:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster Dan

Giants claimed him--cut by Eagles yesterday

Dumpster Dan

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Without knowing anything about this guy, I have to assume he's a serious longshot to make our team.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MrGap92

Probably a camp body, maybe STs but doubt he makes the team

MrGap92

Not to mention Eagles need CBs and let him go

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MrGap92 on July 31, 2024, 11:58:26 PMNot to mention Eagles need CBs and let him go

That was my thought. Plus the fact that he comes from a powerhouse program like Clemson, which greatly reduces the likelihood that he would have slipped through the cracks among the 32 teams' scouting departments when 32 teams decided not to draft him in any round.

The Eagles did have a very good looking draft insofar as CBs go, so there is that, but their secondary was a debacle last year. And most teams prefer not to depend on rookies at that position. So you'd think anyone they think has a modicum of potential they would have kept given how things went with that unit last year.

Feels like a camp body to me. Which is perfectly fine. All teams have them. If he ends up being more than that, fantastic. Would love nothing more than to have one over on Philly. I just think it's very unlikely.

MightyGiants

Quote from: MrGap92 on July 31, 2024, 11:58:26 PMNot to mention Eagles need CBs and let him go

The Eagles drafted few DBs.  I have to think there DB room is pretty crowded
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

I think this is just the Giants churning the bottom of the roster.  I doubt Goodrich or Stanley-Thomas has/had much of a chance of sticking with the team.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE