News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Judged in the Golden Years

Started by Ed Vette, July 31, 2024, 06:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Giant Obsession

Golden Taint and Alex Bachman....and no details.

and they judge ???

Puhleeze.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: Giant Obsession on August 02, 2024, 11:47:04 PMGolden Taint and Alex Bachman....and no details.

and they judge ???

Puhleeze.

Tate had 8k yards and 46 TDs in his career. He has accomplished far more and will be remembered far longer than Joe Judge, who is merely the punchline to the list of comically bad coaches the Giants hired after getting rid of Coughlin. To wit, Joe Judge is a "Senior Analyst" now at Ole Miss--he can't even score a ST coordinator job in college. So yes, the guy who had a very successful pro career clearly has negative opinion about a "coach" who has been proven to be bad years after they separated... and the implication is that Tate is wrong?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on August 03, 2024, 12:40:47 AMTate had 8k yards and 46 TDs in his career. He has accomplished far more and will be remembered far longer than Joe Judge, who is merely the punchline to the list of comically bad coaches the Giants hired after getting rid of Coughlin. To wit, Joe Judge is a "Senior Analyst" now at Ole Miss--he can't even score a ST coordinator job in college. So yes, the guy who had a very successful pro career clearly has negative opinion about a "coach" who has been proven to be bad years after they separated... and the implication is that Tate is wrong?

Tate is not wrong, but what's the point of beating a dead horse and trashing a guy who has already been fired and removed and is not currently a head coach anywhere? Just seems unnecessary to me.

I'm also remembering occasions on which Tate's own behavior (screaming "get me the damn ball!" into the camera) came off as selfish and not becoming of a team-first guy, not to mention his wife being a pain in the ass as well on social media and ripping the Giants publicly while her husband was on the team.

I'm no Judge guy by any means, but I don't think it's necessarily the classiest thing in the world for a retired guy to be trashing an active NFL employee publicly.

MightyGiants

I think Joe Judge needs a mentor, not Bill Belichick (or Saban).  With the right mentor, I think Joe Judge could prove to be a good head coach.   Unfortunately, I don't see that happening at this point in his career.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 03, 2024, 08:56:37 AMI think Joe Judge needs a mentor, not Bill Belichick (or Saban).  With the right mentor, I think Joe Judge could prove to be a good head coach.   Unfortunately, I don't see that happening at this point in his career.

One of my biggest issues with Judge was the way he handled adversity. He was evasive (if not outright dishonest) with the media at times during bad periods, like blaming the headsets which was later proven to be a false claim, and then he went on crazy, long rants like the one late in his second season. He also trashed Jason Garrett publicly and blamed everything on him when they finally let him fire him.

I get that being an NFL head coach is a grueling and high-stress job, but he seemed particularly weak in the face of adversity as a fully grown audlt. I'm not sure that's a problem that just goes away with more experience.

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 03, 2024, 08:46:51 AMTate is not wrong, but what's the point of beating a dead horse and trashing a guy who has already been fired and removed and is not currently a head coach anywhere? Just seems unnecessary to me.

I'm also remembering occasions on which Tate's own behavior (screaming "get me the damn ball!" into the camera) came off as selfish and not becoming of a team-first guy, not to mention his wife being a pain in the ass as well on social media and ripping the Giants publicly while her husband was on the team.

I'm no Judge guy by any means, but I don't think it's necessarily the classiest thing in the world for a retired guy to be trashing an active NFL employee publicly.

Tate was asked a question about his time with the Giants on his personal social media. He answered it. It's not like he ran to ESPN to kill the guy. Maybe it's just me, but I don't mind this stuff--I know I've expressed my frustrations with incompetent bosses (to say the least).

DaveBrown74

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on August 03, 2024, 11:50:23 AMTate was asked a question about his time with the Giants on his personal social media. He answered it. It's not like he ran to ESPN to kill the guy. Maybe it's just me, but I don't mind this stuff--I know I've expressed my frustrations with incompetent bosses (to say the least).

I hear you.

I guess I was somewhat left with a bad taste in my mouth with Tate based on how he acted while he was here. I'm probably a little biased because of that.

Painter

I don't know or care what Golden Tate thinks or says about Joe Judge although I suspect that the "question" was a setup. In any case, he was no more successful than Judge in his last 3 seasons (38 games/24 starts with the Lions, Eagles, and Giants.

Cheers!

MightyGiants

I heard a report (I forgot from whom) that Judge ran the sneak to try and embarrass Gettleman.   As for Judge losing his job, I think the meltdown presser caused that.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE