News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Question for you X & O guys and others

Started by Dumpster Dan, July 31, 2024, 09:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster Dan

You are a GM

Which of the Guards would you take?

Age---same

Measurables   no significant difference

2023:Guard #1

717 snaps
2 sacks allowed
4 penalties
56.6  PFF

2023: Guard #2

1014 snaps
5 sacks allowed
6 penalties
42.1 PFF

Dollars not considered

Dumpster Dan

DaveBrown74

Based on that data alone and with no other knowledge about the players other than what you have provided, definitely the first guy.

MightyGiants

Number one would be my choice.  That said, I wouldn't say there is a world of difference between them.  They both grade out as backups
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

There's no injury data, which could make a huge difference. The first guy is the clear favorite, IMO. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Dumpster Dan

You are correct Bob   Forgot to post

No significant injuries

Dumpster dan

Giant Jim

Why the first guy? No explanation why the 1st guy played less. The penalties are close and a matter of circumstance. Sacks allowed, almost even but level of completion isn't mentioned. Does one team pass more than the other? From what little info is given, I'll go with the guy that's in there every day. I'll go with #2.

Dumpster Dan

Guy #1 played less because he didnt take over till the season had started--then he replaced the starter who got injured

Dumpster Dan

Trench

To me, based on similar stats, age and strength of schedule in terms of opponents competing against would factor heavily into my decision

EDjohnst1981

Neither seems to fit the vision of 'dependable' with those PFF grades.

To make a proper decision, I think we need more information about the line chemistry - are either of these players the weakest link in the chain or are they brought down by the poor performances of their linemates?

Interesting post though and I'd be keen to discover who those players are.

Dumpster Dan

I think I wasnt specific enough   so I'll just go ahead and name them

#1   is Aaron Stinnie--JS signed him as a free agent from Tampa Bay

#2  is Ben Bredeson---Tampa Bay signed him from us  (Thanks Tampa Bay)

Now to make it even more interesting--yesterday in TB camp   their starting Guard went down for the season and Bredeson is next in line to start

If he does and plays a significant amount of time   the 7th round compensatory pick we are scheduled to get  could become a 4th

Dumpster Dan

Bob In PA

Quote from: Dumpster Dan on August 01, 2024, 11:00:13 AMI think I wasnt specific enough   so I'll just go ahead and name them

#1   is Aaron Stinnie--JS signed him as a free agent from Tampa Bay

#2  is Ben Bredeson---Tampa Bay signed him from us  (Thanks Tampa Bay)

Now to make it even more interesting--yesterday in TB camp   their starting Guard went down for the season and Bredeson is next in line to start

If he does and plays a significant amount of time   the 7th round compensatory pick we are scheduled to get  could become a 4th

Dumpster Dan

Dan: Gotta hand out more kudos.

When you "specialize" in an aspect of the game, you REALLY take it seriously (and go deep!).

Much appreciated (especially now that I have a lot less time on my hands).

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Dumpster Dan

Thanks Bob

I tend to be more an analytical guy than an X & O guy

I left the X's and O's in the 50"s   LOL!!!

Dumpster Dan

Painter

It's not often that situation and circumstance- health and the quality of the team around him don't influence a player's performance from season to season. And that would be so in this instance, where we are being asked to project the performance and potential value of Ben Bredeson, last year's Giants starter and the Buc's now No.1 LG in comparison to that of Aaron Stinnie a former Bucs and now new Giants No. 2 at the position.

I suppose there could be interest as an apparent swap but really no other than that.

Cheers!