News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Banks on Simmons

Started by MightyGiants, August 03, 2024, 04:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

I really think he is an ILB not a slot CB as he may be asked to play a bit as I've read.

President Rick

I hear Banks knows just a bit about playing LB.  In most universes, he'd be in the HOF.  He was that good, but overshadowed by a couple of pretty fair LB's named Taylor and Carson.  In those days most of our subs were starter quality on many teams.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

kartanoman

Quote from: President Rick on August 04, 2024, 10:08:43 AMI hear Banks knows just a bit about playing LB.  In most universes, he'd be in the HOF.  He was that good, but overshadowed by a couple of pretty fair LB's named Taylor and Carson.  In those days most of our subs were starter quality on many teams.

Uhhh, not just LB, but how about defenses as a whole? He had two coaches, Belichick and Parcells, you know? They kinda knew their stuff and imparted it on their players. I remember Parcells once calling Banks one of "my guys."

I think that's good enough for me to accept Carl's observations at face value in Bowen's scheme, so far.

Simmons may have historically been an ILB; however, the point is this coaching staff is going to try to put him in a place on the field where his talent yields the best results for both him and the Giants' defense. This kid is brimming with talent but, for whatever the reason, has underachieved in his career. It would be a blessing to see the best of him come out and help the Giants become a fearful defense once again.

I look forward to hearing more from Carl Banks on Simmons as I have a hunch he especially is pulling for this kid to break out his best for Big Blue.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Jolly Blue Giant

That could be huge if Banks is right...fingers crossed
The fact that Keith Richards has outlived Richard Simmons, sure makes me question this whole, "healthy eating and exercise" thing