News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

My new pulmonary doc

Started by Bill Brown, August 05, 2024, 07:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Brown

Today I had an hour long consultation with my new breathing doc. This was our first time meeting. Well into our meeting he asked if there was anything else he should know about me. I said well, I'm a New York Giants fan. He said "Oh, that's too bad"  I replied you must be a Patriots fan (we are in Maine).  He said oh no. I said so you're not football fan. He said Oh, I'm a big fan. If you get on the Jersey turnpike and drive about 125 mile and take the turn that says Lincoln Financial. I said Not a freaking Eagles fan?  He replied 50 years.

This might turn out to be quite the relationship.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Bob In PA

Bill: Are you anywhere near Ogunquit (my favorite place of all I have visited in my lifetime)?  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Bill Brown

Quote from: Bob In PA on August 06, 2024, 07:12:35 AMBill: Are you anywhere near Ogunquit (my favorite place of all I have visited in my lifetime)?  Bob

I'm about a hour northwest. For several years Louise and I would go to the Ogunquit Playhouse. They are the best venue for live theater in Maine.

We avoid it in the summer because it is wall to wall traffic and vacationing tourists. Takes forever to drive through. It is a wonderful costal town. Louise prefers Bar Harbor but that entails and overnight at a hotel which has become outrageously expensive.

I'm glad that you enjoy a little piece of heaven up here in Maine. If you ever get up this way I would like to see you again. It seems like forever since we were together in Albany.

Bill

Bob In PA

Quote from: Bill Brown on August 06, 2024, 07:45:32 AMI'm about a hour northwest. For several years Louise and I would go to the Ogunquit Playhouse. They are the best venue for live theater in Maine.

We avoid it in the summer because it is wall to wall traffic and vacationing tourists. Takes forever to drive through. It is a wonderful costal town. Louise prefers Bar Harbor but that entails and overnight at a hotel which has become outrageously expensive.

I'm glad that you enjoy a little piece of heaven up here in Maine. If you ever get up this way I would like to see you again. It seems like forever since we were together in Albany.

Bill

Bill: The playhouse was just one of many reasons I think Ogunquit is great. Although I like Bar Harbor and the national park, I prefer Deer Isle and have had a framed map of it on my wall for over 40 years. Bob

Bill Brown

Quote from: Bob In PA on August 06, 2024, 09:04:05 AMBill: The playhouse was just one of many reasons I think Ogunquit is great. Although I like Bar Harbor and the national park, I prefer Deer Isle and have had a framed map of it on my wall for over 40 years. Bob

Bob, it sounds like you're a Maina at heart. And for the record we love going to Pennsylvania. Love the Amish community and the beautiful country with that wonderful farming areas.

Bill

MightyGiants

I have always felt this way:

Fellow Giants fan-  Awesome, you are part of the family

Fan of another team (even a rival)- You are at least a football fan, which means we have something in common

I can remember when the Giants used to be good, enjoying trashing and talking with fellow fans of rival teams.   It's part of the fun
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: Bill Brown on August 06, 2024, 09:20:45 AMBob, it sounds like you're a Maina at heart. And for the record we love going to Pennsylvania. Love the Amish community and the beautiful country with that wonderful farming areas.

Bill

Bill: I recently moved away from Harrisburg and into what is Amish country.

The amount of "horse-and-buggy" area in PA is much larger than most people realize. 

It also extends south into Maryland a good bit. It's a lot like living in a Hallmark movie. lol

Bob