News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Does Daniel Jones play Thursday?

Started by LennG, August 06, 2024, 08:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

If and only if Jones is cleared to play does he see any action Thursday, or in any of the pre season games.
Practicing at camp is one thing but as of now Jones is still the starter, do we risk exposing him to contact just yet?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

Yes, he'll play at least 2 series, if not a whole quarter.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Gmo11

I would guess not a single snap.  I think given Daboll's previous philosophy in regards to preseason games, Jones' coming off a major injury, and his penchant for getting new injuries frequently all leads me to think the betting odds favor him not dressing.

DaveBrown74

I think he should play as much as possible. The whole strategy of using him sparingly in the preseason backfired spectacularly last year. I'd rather risk getting him injured and have him as ready as possible than get the version of him we got last year.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: T200 on August 06, 2024, 08:33:04 PMYes, he'll play at least 2 series, if not a whole quarter.

That is what I'd like to see.  With one of those being a one play TD pass to Nabers series.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

T200

Quote from: AZGiantFan on August 06, 2024, 10:08:50 PMThat is what I'd like to see.  With one of those being a one play TD pass to Nabers TD series.
They've already shown they can't cover him and catches anything in his zip code. Looking forward to some highlights in Blue.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 06, 2024, 09:03:58 PMI think he should play as much as possible. The whole strategy of using him sparingly in the preseason backfired spectacularly last year. I'd rather risk getting him injured and have him as ready as possible than get the version of him we got last year.

You nailed it Jeff.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 06, 2024, 09:03:58 PMI think he should play as much as possible. The whole strategy of using him sparingly in the preseason backfired spectacularly last year. I'd rather risk getting him injured and have him as ready as possible than get the version of him we got last year.

We've see Daboll change his pre-season approach from last year pretty drastically so far, let's hope he does it in this area as well.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

EDjohnst1981

If fit and ready to go. He should.

The whole offense needs as much practice as possible.

katkavage

MightyGiants

Hard to say.  After two very physical and intense practices with the Lions, I suspect the Giants may play little or none of their starters in tomorrow's game.   I know Dan Cambell has already said as much for the Lions.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Dabs needs to start thinking about his future and risk DJ so he is more prepared for opening season.

MrGap92

If he can play, he should play

He needs reps with the new OL, new skill players, and to shake off some rust

We can't casually go into the season without playing again, it has not worked

Bob In PA

DB: Agree for a different reason. This is his last chance with the Giants.

The Giants are all in on Jones, so they should play like they're all in.

If the doctors cleared the knee, then it's time to see what he can do with his pile of weapons, especially against vanilla defenses. No better way to gain a bit of confidence before facing real defenses.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

TDToomer

What happened to all the posters who said he won't be ready for week one and was PUP bound and now he is ready for PS week 1.  =))
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs