News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Dan Duggan on what he sees from Nabers

Started by MightyGiants, August 08, 2024, 09:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

The guy is an all world level talent. I have no problem or reservation about throwing major superlatives at him. He has pop-off-the-screen talent, and I use that descriptor pretty sparingly.

Honestly I am putting no limit on this guy's capabilities. If he's an all-pro in his second season as a pro I won't be surprised at all. If Daboll/Jones can get him enough targets, he has a legit shot at OROY this year, and I say that knowing this was a loaded QB class and loaded WR class.

jgrangers2

The reports coming out of camp about him have been crazy. Freakish athletic ability and he seems to catch everything. If he's what we think he can be, it should open up a lot for Wan'dale, Hyatt and Slayton.

Stringer Bell

I'm more excited about Nabers than I ever have been for a Giant. Only one close has been Odell. But I think Nabers has more raw talent and big-play ability.

jimc

Deep breath. Let's at least wait until after the fifth game before putting him in the Hall of Fame.  :D

............but I do understand we haven't had much to get excited about in the last several years.
- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

Bob In PA

Quote from: jimc on August 10, 2024, 07:01:30 AMDeep breath. Let's at least wait until after the fifth game before putting him in the Hall of Fame.  :D

............but I do understand we haven't had much to get excited about in the last several years.

jimc: That's about how I see it.

The best-case scenario is that, after no more than four games, he has played so well and done enough damage that defenses are already game-planning to stop him (which means double-teaming him a lot).

That would mean Daboll can safely anticipate there will be single coverage (man defense) or thin coverage (zone defense) on the rest of the WR's, some of whom are good enough to do serious damage if they can be schemed open and get the ball ON TIME. And that, IMO, is the main point of Daboll's offense... create as many situations as possible where a player who's a serious threat to score can be schemed open in stride.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

kartanoman

Quote from: Stringer Bell on August 09, 2024, 11:50:25 PMI'm more excited about Nabers than I ever have been for a Giant. Only one close has been Odell. But I think Nabers has more raw talent and big-play ability.

I've recently watched OBJ's highlight reel during his time with the Giants and his big plays showed he owned the entire secondary and the rest of the open field. I'm still dumbfounded now as I was when we were watching it happen live.

If you think Nabers can top that act, I'm going to have to get my spaceship out and get the oxygen tank in full flow because we're going to be in for an out of this galaxy ride with G-forces that are going to blow all of us, and not just Giant opponents, away!

From your lips to the Big Man's ears, my friend!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Philosophers

Part of me used to think that sometimes OBJ wanted to turn a catch into a spectacular catch rather than just more easily catching it.  That was his ego.

I hope Nabers does not have the same ego.  Her seems to have the talent.