News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

**Giants/Lions Preseason Week One Game Thread**

Started by DaveBrown74, August 08, 2024, 06:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 08, 2024, 08:18:02 PMTyree Jackson has to make that catch. Right in his hands. You can't make the team with drops like that. Devito's throw was perfect.

Gray is showing me something tonight. Unexpected. I will admit I thought he was a nothing player.
He can't do those same things vs 1s though which is the problem.

killarich

Devito is and should have always been the qb2 ..that 5 mil could have been used in bringing in a cb2

killarich

Quote from: Jclayton92 on August 08, 2024, 08:19:02 PMHe's the best TE on the roster. Manhertz only beats him in blocking.

Oh I was talking about the undrafted dude from Toledo on defense

But after this drive same applies for Jackson at TE also

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on August 08, 2024, 08:19:52 PMHe can't do those same things vs 1s though which is the problem.

I don't disagree with you at all, but it's not like we have Eric Dickerson and Marshall Faulk in this RB room.

He's likely to make the team whether he can play against 1s or not. And since Singletary is a complementary back and not a lead back, these other guys are all going to get chances.

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 08, 2024, 08:29:18 PMI don't disagree with you at all, but it's not like we have Eric Dickerson and Marshall Faulk in this RB room.

He's likely to make the team whether he can play against 1s or not. And since Singletary is a complementary back and not a lead back, these other guys are all going to get chances.
Gray is just to slow imo and unless he's short yardage which I doubt I would likely prefer Tracey/Turbo especially on 3rd down. You are right as a draft pick last year he'll make the team.

Trench

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 08, 2024, 08:29:18 PMI don't disagree with you at all, but it's not like we have Eric Dickerson and Marshall Faulk in this RB room.

I disagree. I think our RBs will be the surprise of the squad.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Trench on August 08, 2024, 08:41:27 PMI disagree. I think our RBs will be the surprise of the squad.

If that happens I think it will be because the offensive line outperforms.

Singletary is a known commodity. He's been in the league several years. He's decent but not spectacular, and he's number one on the depth chart.

miss86

Trench

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 08, 2024, 08:53:42 PMIf that happens I think it will be because the offensive line outperforms.

Singletary is a known commodity. He's been in the league several years. He's decent but not spectacular, and he's number one on the depth chart.

Time will tell. I just feel sometimes Barkley didn't see holes or wasn't a patient runner - all of a sudden wouod break one or two. I'm excited to see the kids. Maybe one of them becomes an Ahmad Bradshaw

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Trench on August 08, 2024, 09:11:25 PMTime will tell. I just feel sometimes Barkley didn't see holes or wasn't a patient runner - all of a sudden wouod break one or two. I'm excited to see the kids. Maybe one of them becomes an Ahmad Bradshaw

I like the optimism. I've been impressed with what I've seen tonight.

I get they're up against 2s but they're also playing with 2s themselves. It evens out. You just want to see guys producing in these games.

DaveBrown74

Turbo with a nice run but he had a wide open hole. Haven't seen much shifty stuff from him yet.

It's hard to be a great 25 year old RB that the rest of the league didn't notice.

Trench

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 08, 2024, 09:29:49 PMI like the optimism. I've been impressed with what I've seen tonight.

I get they're up against 2s but they're also playing with 2s themselves. It evens out. You just want to see guys producing in these games.

Agreed. Last year Jones and offense looked so good in preseason and I was so excited. But that said, to see a cohesive line on both sides of the ball and running lanes and pressure on defense without Wink schemes is all very promising. Devito looks pretty comfortable also