News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Tommy DeVito is hands down the best QB on the roster- seen enough

Started by BluesCruz, August 09, 2024, 09:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coggs

Quote from: todge on August 09, 2024, 11:10:33 AMYou lose all credibility when you make an absurd statement that Jones had 57 bad games in a row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Confucius said, "One can not lose what one never had."  Well, he probably said something along those lines.

Jclayton92

I would take every 2nd string qb in the league and a few 3rd strings before devito. Name a guy that was horrible in college and that ever translating to a great career in the NFL?

Bob In PA

Quote from: Jclayton92 on August 09, 2024, 12:10:51 PMName a guy that was horrible in college and that ever translating to a great career in the NFL?

@Jclayton92 J: A case can be made for Simms, Favre & the goat. None had a great college career.

I know you said "horrible" and I guess none were horrible, but they didn't exactly light it up either.

Sometimes a guy just gets with the wrong coach... sometimes (God forbid) he goes to a school because he wants to learn something and playing ball isn't high on his list of priorities... sometimes things don't click until he matures, either physically or mentally (or grows a pair or develops some self-confidence).

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

Tommy is worth watching. He played well with good protection against the Couch Brigade.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

BluesCruz

Quote from: Jclayton92 on August 09, 2024, 12:10:51 PMI would take every 2nd string qb in the league and a few 3rd strings before devito. Name a guy that was horrible in college and that ever translating to a great career in the NFL?

are you aware of his college career or just whistlin Dixie?  He was State Champ in NJ and played well at Syracuse and Illinois NOT little Duke

Look up his record before hammering.....by contrast DJ was a loser at Duke and a Loser here

What is good about this guy....yes he is pleasant and well mannered
Had a losing record at duke and same deal for us.  He's not getting better, au contraire he is getting worse

Ive had it with pig headed losing football......its trying my patience and most every other Giants fan
the loyalty I've witnessed on here for both Jones and Barkley has been mind boggling

At some point even Dave Gettleman will have to admit he was wrong, unless he was planted here by New England
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

bamagiantfan

Quote from: BluesCruz on August 09, 2024, 01:42:06 PM......and most every other Giants fan the loyalty I've witnessed on here for both Jones and Barkley has been mind boggling

I think you are confusing objective observation with loyalty. I'm not trying to force my opinion on you. You are welcome to have your own observations. Just don't belittle or diminish our right to have ours.

I'm not a huge fan of Jones. I was so incensed by the pick that I pretty much spent a year away from posting on this board. But if we are going to talk about the current ability and performance of Jones and DeVito, for me, Jones is the better option. I see what you like with DeVito. It just isn't enough for me.   
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

BluesCruz

Quote from: bamagiantfan on August 09, 2024, 02:39:37 PMI think you are confusing objective observation with loyalty. I'm not trying to force my opinion on you. You are welcome to have your own observations. Just don't belittle or diminish our right to have ours.

I'm not a huge fan of Jones. I was so incensed by the pick that I pretty much spent a year away from posting on this board. But if we are going to talk about the current ability and performance of Jones and DeVito, for me, Jones is the better option. I see what you like with DeVito. It just isn't enough for me.   

Fine enjoy seeing Jamie's punting, no Giants scoring, and lose lose lose
Then we will have the end of season GM/HC traditional firings

At some point someone has to point out as in the old parable "The King has No Clothes".....5 yrs is way over the tryout "give him time" limit for me

I fully realize I am hallucinating here.....Mara will never pull the plug this year

Hopefully I'm had wrong and Jones rises like the Phoenix from the ashes ..... But I would not put a dime on that scenario.  Mara should keep quiet and let Daboll/Schoen call the shots exactly as they see them.

I'm not dumb.  I can read between the line and realize Daboll and Schoen like DeVito a lot but they cannot pull off the old switcheroo......thus they brought in Drew Lock to hide their real plans.   If Jones goes down expect the same replacement as last year.   Lock is a "Strawman" in Machiavellian terms......just good enough to create a smokescreen.  They cannot bring themselves to knock on Mara's door and say- "Excuse me John but we are pulling Your Billionaire QB for Tommy DeVito-.......... would not go over too big
we have given him more than half a decade and what to show for it??  ENOUGH!!!

MrGap92

Quote from: BluesCruz on August 09, 2024, 02:56:33 PMFine enjoy seeing Jamie's punting, no Giants scoring, and lose lose lose

At some point someone has to point out as in the old parable "The King has No Clothes".....5 yrs is way over the tryout "give him time" limit for me

I fully realize I am hallucinating here.....Mara will never pull the plug this year

Hopefully I'm had wrong and Jones rises like the Phoenix from the ashes ..... But I would not put a dime on that scenario.  Mara should keep quiet and let Daboll/Schoen call the shots exactly as they see them.

I'm not dumb.  I can read between the line and realize Daboll and Schoen like DeVito a lot but they cannot pull off the old switcheroo......thus they brought in Drew Lock to hide their real plans.   If Jones goes down expect the same replacement as last year.   Lock is a "Strawman" in Machiavellian terms......just good enough to create a smokescreen.  They cannot bring themselves to knock on Mara's door and say- "Excuse me John but we are pulling Your Billionaire QB for Tommy DeVito-.......... would not go over too big

What would you be saying after Devito goes 3-14 in a full season? He is not that good.

Bryce Young went 23-4 in college (I think)

How is that working out for him so far?

BluesCruz

Quote from: MrGap92 on August 09, 2024, 03:31:27 PMWhat would you be saying after Devito goes 3-14 in a full season? He is not that good.

Bryce Young went 23-4 in college (I think)

How is that working out for him so far?

I dont get the Bryce Young Tommy DeVito connection

can you illuminate me?

Look we have a really really really mediocre starting QB....tough to overcome no matter the heroics of the Oline, the Defense and Eric Gray....its a QB driven NFL now

BluesCruz

Quote from: bamagiantfan on August 09, 2024, 02:39:37 PMI think you are confusing objective observation with loyalty. I'm not trying to force my opinion on you. You are welcome to have your own observations. Just don't belittle or diminish our right to have ours.

Im not trying to force my opinion on you either.....its my opinion.  Everyone has one

Jclayton92

Quote from: BluesCruz on August 09, 2024, 01:42:06 PMare you aware of his college career or just whistlin Dixie?  He was State Champ in NJ and played well at Syracuse and Illinois NOT little Duke

Look up his record before hammering.....by contrast DJ was a loser at Duke and a Loser here

What is good about this guy....yes he is pleasant and well mannered
Had a losing record at duke and same deal for us.  He's not getting better, au contraire he is getting worse

Ive had it with pig headed losing football......its trying my patience and most every other Giants fan
the loyalty I've witnessed on here for both Jones and Barkley has been mind boggling

At some point even Dave Gettleman will have to admit he was wrong, unless he was planted here by New England
The guy got benched at Syracuse which is why he transferred. Try Google instead of whistling Dixie.

Duke plays Clemson, ND, FSU etc so what is your point?

I'm no DJ guy but he's in a different class than Devito.

todge

Quote from: BluesCruz on August 09, 2024, 02:56:33 PMFine enjoy seeing Jamie's punting, no Giants scoring, and lose lose lose

What evidence do you have that Daboll and Schoen like DeVito a lot? Answer - there is none. You make these claims (again) that aren't supported by one bit of evidence.

Here is a claim that is backed by evidence - in 2022, Jones led the team to a road Playoff victory. Try as you might, you can't take that away from him. He also had an excellent rookie season throwing 24 TDs in 12 games. He rose to 5th in the league in QBR until a high ankle sprain. The other three seasons were marred by injuries. Your insisting Jones has done nothing in five years is once again not supported by evidence.

Another claim backed by evidence - DeVito is third string. Daboll and Schoen have the ability to make him a starter if they wanted to. Mara lets his GM and Head Coaches run the team as they see fit. Mara wanted to resign Barkley but Schoen chose not to give him the money he wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Painter

Quote from: BluesCruz on August 09, 2024, 10:20:15 AMJones is a LOSER surrounded by sycophants and lame excuses

Jones won't make it to mid season is my prediction
Why-

Hesitant
Not pocket aware
can't see the whole field
takes off too easily
terrified of the long ball
inaccurate
slow release
poor vocal leadership characteristics- basically a shy individual

need I go on

There are rules on this board which prevent me from telling you what I think of you and your opinions but suffice it to say that otherwise you might need to visit the actual Blue Cross before you embark on any more of your Blues Cruzing. 

MrGap92

Quote from: BluesCruz on August 09, 2024, 03:39:35 PMI dont get the Bryce Young Tommy DeVito connection

can you illuminate me?

Look we have a really really really mediocre starting QB....tough to overcome no matter the heroics of the Oline, the Defense and Eric Gray....its a QB driven NFL now

Idk if I can illuminate you if I am being honest, but you talked about how great of a winner he was in college, my point is that does not neccessarily matter