News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Tommy DeVito is hands down the best QB on the roster- seen enough

Started by BluesCruz, August 09, 2024, 09:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesCruz

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 10, 2024, 09:14:53 PM8/15 92 yards Passing playing nearly the entire game. And after one PS game, he's anointed the best QB on the team. If he is, this team is in deep xxxx.

Ed i'm assessing the style and confidence and decision-making that Tommy displays more than how many yards he had in a short time he was in there yesterday.

I must say that when I watch Daniel Jones what I see is a back up quarterback that never ever should've been drafted in the first round
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Painter

Whatever one may think of DeVito, it in no way justifies the gratuitous trashing of Daniel Jones by the initiator of this topic, thread, whatever it called, and for whatever purpose. 

Cheers!

todge

Quote from: BluesCruz on August 11, 2024, 12:37:32 PMEd i'm assessing the style and confidence and decision-making that Tommy displays more than how many yards he had in a short time he was in there yesterday.

I must say that when I watch Daniel Jones what I see is a back up quarterback that never ever should've been drafted in the first round
Jones should not have been drafted in the 1st Round? That's your opinion devoid of any facts (as usual). NFL Scouting Departments knew all about Jones his senior year. He was MVP of the Senior Bowl and lit up the Combine with his arm talent, athleticism and measurables. Mel Kiper had him as the highest rated QB in his class (and next years class as well). Phil Simms stated on WFAN Radio that he knew of four teams that were poised to draft him before 10.

Jones threw 24 TD passes in 12 games his rookie season until an injury ended his run. His QBR rose to 5th in the NFL. Sadly, Jones has been the victim of pathetic offensive line play as well as different coaches and offensive systems . In 2022, Jones led his team to a road Playoff victory with a practice squad player as his best WR and an offensive line that limited the offense to a short passing game as its' only option.

Ironically DeVito has accomplished next to nothing in both college and the NFL. He led the Giants to wins over the two worst teams in the league. He failed miserably in games against the Rams and the Saints. DeVito incurred the wrath of Daboll when he failed to adequately prepare for the complex defenses of the latter two teams. Signing autographs was apparently more important than sitting in the QB room with Taylor and Jones.

DeVito was justifiably benched and permanently banished to 3rd string status while Jones is the starter. So who deserves their backup status?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BluesCruz

So when did Green Bay become the worst team in the league????

I am justifiably critical of Daniel Jones almost universally regarded as one of the worst starters in the NFL

Dallas spent half the game taunting and laughing at him.....with good reason

You are right he had a good rookie season and has degraded unbelievably
Why?  I have not a clue

I look in his eyes when he is interviewed and it looks like no one is home....sorry not my style of QB

My opinion and sticking with it. 1-5 last year and only won the one game by having one good half after a miserable 1st half in AZ
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

todge

Quote from: BluesCruz on August 11, 2024, 08:03:53 PMSo when did Green Bay become the worst team in the league????

I am justifiably critical of Daniel Jones almost universally regarded as one of the worst starters in the NFL

Dallas spent half the game taunting and laughing at him.....with good reason

You are right he had a good rookie season and has degraded unbelievably
Why?  I have not a clue

I look in his eyes when he is interviewed and it looks like no one is home....sorry not my style of QB

My opinion and sticking with it. 1-5 last year and only won the one game by having one good half after a miserable 1st half in AZ
He degraded for the reasons I stated as well as being injured the other three seasons If you think a QB can play the game when he's being hit, hurried, harassed and sacked the majority of pass plays, then you just don't get that a QB is only as good as his supporting cast.

You also conveniently leave out Jones' performance in 2022. Just can't give credit when credit is due. 2023 was a joke. Even Aikman and Buck stated that Jones had no chance.

Go ahead and continue to bang the drum for DeVito which I suspect we'll see repeatedly. Bottom line is that Schoen and Daboll want to win and they know enough about this game to ride DJ until he's injured. Meanwhile DeVito will be the Emergency QB or relegated to the Practice Squad where he belongs.

MrGap92

Quote from: todge on August 11, 2024, 07:29:25 PMJones should not have been drafted in the 1st Round? That's your opinion devoid of any facts (as usual). NFL Scouting Departments knew all about Jones his senior year. He was MVP of the Senior Bowl and lit up the Combine with his arm talent, athleticism and measurables. Mel Kiper had him as the highest rated QB in his class (and next years class as well). Phil Simms stated on WFAN Radio that he knew of four teams that were poised to draft him before 10.

Jones threw 24 TD passes in 12 games his rookie season until an injury ended his run. His QBR rose to 5th in the NFL. Sadly, Jones has been the victim of pathetic offensive line play as well as different coaches and offensive systems . In 2022, Jones led his team to a road Playoff victory with a practice squad player as his best WR and an offensive line that limited the offense to a short passing game as its' only option.

Ironically DeVito has accomplished next to nothing in both college and the NFL. He led the Giants to wins over the two worst teams in the league. He failed miserably in games against the Rams and the Saints. DeVito incurred the wrath of Daboll when he failed to adequately prepare for the complex defenses of the latter two teams. Signing autographs was apparently more important than sitting in the QB room with Taylor and Jones.

DeVito was justifiably benched and permanently banished to 3rd string status while Jones is the starter. So who deserves their backup status?

Jones is the best QB on this team by no small margin, but I do think it is beyond fair to say he has not lived up anywhere near his draft staus as #6 selection, the stats you mention are not record setting or lighting up scoreboards, and certainly have not put many wins under his belt. He is a mid tier QB, at 6 overall, one should expect much more.