News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

All the Talking heads seemed to agree last night the Giants must keep 3 QBs

Started by BluesCruz, August 09, 2024, 10:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesCruz

Personally I dont think either Lock or Jones belong on the roster

Elevate Devito and bring in a free agent to back him up.  There has to be a good one out there or after final cuts
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

MrGap92

Quote from: BluesCruz on August 09, 2024, 10:01:17 AMPersonally I dont think either Lock or Jones belong on the roster

Elevate Devito and bring in a free agent to back him up.  There has to be a good one out there or after final cuts

Who would you possibly sign off the streets in August, that is better than Jones?

Jones is not good, but cmon lol, we arent any better off with Blaine Gabbert or Brian Hoyer

BluesCruz

Quote from: MrGap92 on August 09, 2024, 10:12:11 AMWho would you possibly sign off the streets in August, that is better than Jones?

Jones is not good, but cmon lol, we arent any better off with Blaine Gabbert or Brian Hoyer

Cant say at this point.....maybe Tyrod will be cut ....you never know who will be out there after the Turk has made his rounds.  Maybe Atlanta starts the rookie and cuts the Vet.   Maybe Chicago jettisons Fields

coggs

I don't know why I am even entertaining this.  I am ok with them signing someone else's cut.  If they do, it will be to back-up Jones.

MrGap92

Quote from: BluesCruz on August 09, 2024, 10:23:05 AMCant say at this point.....maybe Tyrod will be cut ....you never know who will be out there after the Turk has made his rounds.  Maybe Atlanta starts the rookie and cuts the Vet.   Maybe Chicago jettisons Fields

Cutting Cousins? Ok........on a $90 Million dead cap hit?

TDToomer

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

coggs

Quote from: MrGap92 on August 09, 2024, 10:35:31 AMCutting Cousins? Ok........on a $90 Million dead cap hit?
Not only that.  They are going to cut Jones and his cap hit.  Cousins will come here to back-up DeVito. 

MrGap92

Quote from: coggs on August 09, 2024, 10:38:01 AMNot only that.  They are going to cut Jones and his cap hit.  Cousins will come here to back-up DeVito.

I'm at a loss for words.  =))

Gman329

It just gets older and more ridiculous as we go along. To quote Mr. Costello, "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused". 

uconnjack8

Quote from: BluesCruz on August 09, 2024, 10:23:05 AMCant say at this point.....maybe Tyrod will be cut ....you never know who will be out there after the Turk has made his rounds.  Maybe Atlanta starts the rookie and cuts the Vet.  Maybe Chicago jettisons Fields

Chicago did jettison Fields.  He plays for Pittsburgh now. 

Jclayton92

The only realistic option would be cutting lock and signing tannehill with the Waller money and even then Tannehill and Jones are basically the same player so no use really.

Let them use Jones this season and talk qbs in 2025.

BluesCruz

Quote from: Jclayton92 on August 09, 2024, 12:08:59 PMThe only realistic option would be cutting lock and signing tannehill with the Waller money and even then Tannehill and Jones are basically the same player so no use really.

Let them use Jones this season and talk qbs in 2025.

I hope you enjoy losing.....he is a master at it

todge

Quote from: BluesCruz on August 09, 2024, 01:43:57 PMI hope you enjoy losing.....he is a master at it
So the other 21 guys and the coaching staff have nothing to do with Ws and Ls? You win as a team, you lose as a team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrGap92

Quote from: BluesCruz on August 09, 2024, 01:43:57 PMI hope you enjoy losing.....he is a master at it

Maybe we should see if Tom Brady wants to unretire again.  /sarcasm/

DaveBrown74

Quote from: todge on August 09, 2024, 04:09:31 PMSo the other 21 guys and the coaching staff have nothing to do with Ws and Ls? You win as a team, you lose as a team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jones is getting the single biggest piece of the salary cap pie, by far. It seems only fair that he accept the single biggest share of the responsibility for losses.