News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Anyone know why they released Nathan Rourke?

Started by BluesCruz, August 09, 2024, 04:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesCruz

Better go get him back now that DeVito has unofficially moved up to #2?

Anyone have the GQ on Rourke?
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

BluesCruz

I suspect they thought they were set at QB when they moved off Rourke

Now Jones is a train wreck, and Lock is out for whenever

We are basically down to one solid QB- DeVito

Jersey Heel

Jones isn't necessarily a train-wreck. Yes, he was last time we saw him, but we should probably wait to see him with a (hopefully) better line and receivers.

BluesCruz

Ive seen enough

had my fill

He should be traded for a 6th round pick

DaveBrown74

Quote from: BluesCruz on August 09, 2024, 07:30:11 PMIve seen enough

had my fill

Impossible to trade Jones whether they want to or not. Nobody in the league is taking that contract.

BluesCruz

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 09, 2024, 07:49:59 PMImpossible to trade Jones whether they want to or not. Nobody in the league is taking that contract.

they will if we pay it.....upfront
have to pay him one way or another

DaveBrown74

Quote from: BluesCruz on August 09, 2024, 08:11:36 PMthey will if we pay it.....upfront
have to pay him one way or another

You want to pay Jones to play for someone else?

BluesCruz

Trench

Quote from: BluesCruz on August 09, 2024, 07:30:11 PMIve seen enough

had my fill

He's our franchise QB. He had an awful injury and he made it back BEFORE ANYONE expected. That means he worked his tail off!....maybe he just takes longer to have the game slow down and be real good. THIS HAPPENED with Phil Simms.

bamagiantfan

Rourke signed with the Falcons so they will need to look elsewhere.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

DaveBrown74

I forget who it was, but it was reported they cut Rourke to make room for another signing.

jimc

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 10, 2024, 09:05:13 AMI forget who it was, but it was reported they cut Rourke to make room for another signing.

van roten maybe?
- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

Just_jimmy

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 09, 2024, 08:13:47 PMYou want to pay Jones to play for someone else?
Dallas?
The eagles?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Just_jimmy

Quote from: Trench on August 09, 2024, 10:08:17 PMHe's our franchise QB. He had an awful injury and he made it back BEFORE ANYONE expected. That means he worked his tail off!....maybe he just takes longer to have the game slow down and be real good. THIS HAPPENED with Phil Simms.
He's garbage.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

coggs

Quote from: bamagiantfan on August 10, 2024, 07:05:56 AMRourke signed with the Falcons so they will need to look elsewhere.
He was just released by the Falcons.