News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Its only one pre season game but it appears we finally have a competitive team

Started by BluesCruz, August 09, 2024, 08:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: BluesCruz on August 11, 2024, 01:11:24 PMLet's agree to disagree

Last season the giants didn't play jones in pre-season.........what followed was an unmitigated disaster

Jones was responsible for the best drive of the last pre-season. He was perfect.

BluesCruz

Is that a fact?  What happened when the season started?   Look very nice guy, very rich guy but has to go for us to advance

Why no one else can see that apparently is a mystery

I am not a big believer in playing the payroll.....if you made a contract mistake just suck it up and play the better player IMHO

Continuing to play the over-paid player just exacerbates the mistake
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: BluesCruz on August 11, 2024, 08:08:16 PMIs that a fact?  What happened when the season started?   Look very nice guy, very rich guy but has to go for us to advance

I am not a big believer in playing the payroll.....if you made a contract mistake just suck it up and play the better player IMHO

Yes, it's a fact. Against the 1s. It was a best drive.

If you've read any of my posts, I am no Jones offender.

But the idea that DeVito is better than him right now, is simply ludicrous.

WheresDayne

MrGap92

Quote from: BluesCruz on August 11, 2024, 08:08:16 PMIs that a fact?  What happened when the season started?  Look very nice guy, very rich guy but has to go for us to advance

If they had someone better, they would

Remember Kenny Golladay riding the bench and being out the league since he was cut? They aren't afraid to move on from mistakes or plans that backfire, granted that one wasnt their contract it was inherited, but still, they did not "play payroll"

BluesCruz

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on August 12, 2024, 04:32:48 AMYes, it's a fact. Against the 1s. It was a best drive.

If you've read any of my posts, I am no Jones offender.

But the idea that DeVito is better than him right now, is simply ludicrous.

I give up
We will find out in September, if Jones is healthy

EDjohnst1981

Painter

Quote from: BluesCruz on August 11, 2024, 12:34:41 PMAll other things being equal

I'd rather look good in preseason then look bad

No sh**t. I can't imagine such a notion except, of course, for an inequality of other things. If that doesn't say it all- and I do mean all- I don't know what would.

BluesCruz

I think a lot of fans on here have a we suck as a franchise attitude and that's reflective of our struggles the last 10 years. One hopes that does not infect the lockeroom. I suspect players and coaches do peek in here on occassion

Wake up people. We are about to become a contender this season

My honest assessment

I'm placing a Giants win the Super Bowl bet to put my money where my mouth is

This will be the year of the turnaround

BluesCruz

Stringer Bell

BluesCruz

Watch it, buddy. I think you can get discipline from insults on here.