News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Nabers dinged up in practice

Started by MightyGiants, August 11, 2024, 12:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MrGap92

Daboll looks good, lost a bunch of weight, not really related to anything but good for him.

MightyGiants

Quote from: MrGap92 on August 12, 2024, 11:56:24 AMDaboll looks good, lost a bunch of weight, not really related to anything but good for him.

Thanks to Yoga and Pilates
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 12, 2024, 12:18:14 PMThanks to Yoga and Pilates

I'm going to guess a fair amount of Ozempic as well.

MightyGiants

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on August 12, 2024, 12:37:05 PMI'm going to guess a fair amount of Ozempic as well.

That is the one down side of the drug.  Now if you put in the effort to lose weight, people just assume you took the easy path and used drugs
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bill Brown

No drugs.  I couldn't afford them. 😄  Just DDP Yoga!
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 12, 2024, 12:44:08 PMThat is the one down side of the drug.  Now if you put in the effort to lose weight, people just assume you took the easy path and used drugs

I think it is the speed of the weight loss that makes people think drugs.  Also, as far as I know, pilates and yoga are not known as weight loss disciplines.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Bill Brown

Quote from: AZGiantFan on August 12, 2024, 06:09:47 PMI think it is the speed of the weight loss that makes people think drugs.  Also, as far as I know, pilates and yoga are not known as weight loss disciplines.

Maybe people should rethink that.

Bill

Stringer Bell

Quote from: Bill Brown on August 12, 2024, 06:20:31 PMMaybe people should rethink that.

Bill

I would bet my house that Daboll took Ozempic or something similar. No judgment. But he's not transforming his body like that, at his age, that quickly without it.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Stringer Bell on August 12, 2024, 06:51:30 PMI would bet my house that Daboll took Ozempic or something similar. No judgment. But he's not transforming his body like that, at his age, that quickly without it.

I agree. His wife's transformation is just as noteworthy too, maybe moreso.

I personally don't think it's a big deal at all if he took drugs to lose weight (I know you don't either, Stringer). Nor do I have an issue with him not being willing to volunteer that info in public. It's not anyone else's business.

Bill Brown

Quote from: Stringer Bell on August 12, 2024, 06:51:30 PMI would bet my house that Daboll took Ozempic or something similar. No judgment. But he's not transforming his body like that, at his age, that quickly without it.

I have no idea it he used Ozempic or not. With the money he makes it's very possible that they did use it. Not sure age has much to do with it. I'm just saying people can be successful losing weight without using it even at at older age. I honestly can't say how long it took for me to lose what I did.

Bill

TDToomer

Quote from: Stringer Bell on August 12, 2024, 11:29:52 AMHe dominated the Lions in their joint practices and has cooked the Giants CBs for deep TDs, as well.

He's shown as much as a rookie can thus far.

That's nice but I don't watch practices. I watch games. I'm sure he will be a stud but I haven't seen any action.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Stringer Bell

Quote from: TDToomer on August 14, 2024, 09:52:53 AMThat's nice but I don't watch practices. I watch games. I'm sure he will be a stud but I haven't seen any action.

You asked what he's done and so that's what I shared. And while you may not watch practice, fans, coaches, opposing teams, basically everyone else does, and they use players' peformance in practice to make every important decision - roster decisions, lineup decisions, contract decisions, etc.

Practice might not be important to you, but it's critical to all NFL decision makers.

TDToomer

Quote from: Stringer Bell on August 14, 2024, 10:11:40 AMYou asked what he's done and so that's what I shared. And while you may not watch practice, fans, coaches, opposing teams, basically everyone else does, and they use players' peformance in practice to make every important decision - roster decisions, lineup decisions, contract decisions, etc.

Practice might not be important to you, but it's critical to all NFL decision makers.

I never said practice isn't important it's just that most of us are not seeing them so we only see what happens during the games. Why is this so hard to understand? Nabbers torching our suspect secondary doesn't translate to showing thing that he's done. This is why we were fooled into thinking we were better than we were a year ago. The passing game was the only aspect of the Lions game that was lacking.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

uconnjack8

Quote from: Bill Brown on August 12, 2024, 07:09:11 PMI have no idea it he used Ozempic or not. With the money he makes it's very possible that they did use it. Not sure age has much to do with it. I'm just saying people can be successful losing weight without using it even at at older age. I honestly can't say how long it took for me to lose what I did.

Bill

I agree with you.  Not sure of your age, but I have lost weight a few times (hopefully will keep it off this time).  In my mid 40's I lost 50 pounds in a few months.  I was working as a landscaper at the time and was pretty strict on my caloric intake.  By the 2nd month I was also working out after work. 

I think in Daboll and his wife's case, they have the time (in the offseason) to focus on it more hours a day than a person who works a desk job and is sedentary most of the day.  I realize he is still doing work (like film review) but he can take a few hours a day and workout while still at his work facility.