News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

I think UDRFA Chatman is a lock to make the 53

Started by MightyGiants, August 12, 2024, 09:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

The Baby Bison has been very impressive to date and seems to be a favorite of his position coach

https://x.com/DanSchneierNFL/status/1822987293914804540
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

spiderblue43

Like real Bisons, don't get too close with Chatman. He'll go bison mode on you, like the real ones.

:dance:

MrGap92

He's looked very good so far. I would get him some first reps and see how he does, maybe play him in PS with starters.

I've been impressed by him. 

His size isn't too concerning if he can play, AD was only an inch taller and a few pounds heavier, not comparing him to Donald by any means, but build wise is closest I can think of for his position. If you can play and and have the drive, then that's #1

Stringer Bell

Agreed that he's looking like a lock.

Hitting on UDRFAs is huge and can create roster flexibility. Would be nice if Anderson or Davidson also stepped up, making RNR expendable. His $ would be much better served at CB.

Jolly Blue Giant

The kind of news I love to read on Monday morning. Been pulling for this kid. Same with Rogers. You can never have too many linemen being groomed for the future. And I agree (FWIW-lol), that being short has advantages. Especially when you're twitchy-quick, strong as an ox, and can mess up tall opposition
The fact that Keith Richards has outlived Richard Simmons, sure makes me question this whole, "healthy eating and exercise" thing

MightyGiants

His size can be an advantage.  The coach never has to tell him to get his pad level down
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

I hope he starts at DT and has a long career.  It'd be great to have a long shot come in and do a great job and own it for years.  Go kid!!!

Bob In PA

If you believe Daboll's line ("he earned 1st team reps"), then he's a 100% lock (only 2 weeks left). Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 12, 2024, 10:28:03 AMhttps://x.com/nickfalato/status/1822994297865515257

Daboll says, "He's a smaller guy...". But his coach said, "He's NOT small...he's short". I guess there's a difference in there somewhere. No one questions his strength...pushing up 495lbs, and 40+ reps of 225  :surprise:
The fact that Keith Richards has outlived Richard Simmons, sure makes me question this whole, "healthy eating and exercise" thing

uconnjack8

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on August 12, 2024, 10:48:55 AMDaboll says, "He's a smaller guy...". But his coach said, "He's NOT small...he's short". I guess there's a difference in there somewhere. No one questions his strength...pushing up 495lbs, and 40+ reps of 225  :surprise:

I think its sort of  getting into semantics really.  Some think of "small" as more of a total body mass type thing versus height.  I think he is small by interior lineman standards.  Course he is the same height as Devonte Smith for example but weighs around 100 pounds more.  I guess it's how you define small and the context.

Great to hear he is having success and his game is translating thus far.

Rosehill Jimmy

John Mendenhall had a similar physique as well
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"