News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Brian Burns

Started by MightyGiants, August 14, 2024, 03:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

umassgrad

Some of that rubbing off on KT will make this an even better move in the long run.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: umassgrad on August 14, 2024, 04:20:21 PMSome of that rubbing off on KT will make this an even better move in the long run.

This type of leadership is not just limited to impacting his own position group.

He's setting a great example for any young player to see what being a great leader and true professional looks like, while also being a high performer on the field.

PSUBeirut

Super excited about this guy. He's a real stud at a position we desperately needed one.

Jclayton92

Worth every penny. Okereke, Burns, KT, Banks, Nabers, and Phillips etc keep bringing in the dogs bc this team desperately needed it.

H-Town G-Fan

Have a feeling that getting out of Carolina is going to have Burns play up from his previous work. I just can't imagine anyone was motivated to do their best there unfortunately (even if only subconsciously) with all the dysfunction.

Gmo11

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on August 15, 2024, 01:17:05 AMHave a feeling that getting out of Carolina is going to have Burns play up from his previous work. I just can't imagine anyone was motivated to do their best there unfortunately (even if only subconsciously) with all the dysfunction.

Until proven otherwise the Giants aren't much of a step up from that.  However they did give him a brand new contract so while some guys might take that money and get fat this guy seems to be going the other way and trying to prove he deserves every penny.  So far so good.

brownelvis54

Quote from: Jclayton92 on August 15, 2024, 12:33:38 AMWorth every penny. Okereke, Burns, KT, Banks, Nabers, and Phillips etc keep bringing in the dogs bc this team desperately needed it.

Agreed. At first I thought Burns was a too much money, but everything I am hearing...is proving me wrong. I think we will see a huge improvement next this year
The KING is in the building

kartanoman

Quote from: brownelvis54 on August 15, 2024, 01:42:32 PMAgreed. At first I thought Burns was a too much money, but everything I am hearing...is proving me wrong. I think we will see a huge improvement next this year

That is what we are all hoping but, more so, his level of play will be contagious and the rest of his teammates will feed off of his energy and take their game to the next level.

When you have a player who can provide that type of leadership, and make a difference on the playing field, their ROI is most definitely worth their investment. It is especially so for a Giants' defense which has some lifted athletes who have not yet reached their potential. Burns is a guy who will light them up and we should now start to see the potential of the defense and separate the good ones from the pretenders.

This is one area of the Giants I won't contain my enthusiasm for and cannot wait to see the impact of having Burns as the leader of the Giants' defense going forward.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

4 Aces

Potential Hall of Fame-level player.