News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT- BluesCruz

Started by Ed Vette, August 15, 2024, 09:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

I don't know why those of you who have had issues with him/her, have continued to respond to him/her. Obviously, it comes down to more than that. The trashing back and forth and the ridiculous statements are just bad optics for the site. Be that as it may, I've banned him/her from the site completely. Which means he/she can't sign in, log in, read, or post.

This doesn't mean he or she can't change their Host and email address and mask themselves to get another membership. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

President Rick

did always seem a bit 'argumentative.'
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

H-Town G-Fan

Personally, I try not to feed the trolls. Written and erased many a response to them because it's simply unproductive and not worth it.

Ed Vette

By the way, BC was given a lot of leeway and was in fact sent a PM by Rich last month. BC never responded, which was disrespectful. It was hoped that BC would eventually fit in and act accordingly to how others on this site have acted. Unfortunately the behavior continued. We don't take banning a member lightly.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

When I first joined I was always argumentive and even likely said some things that I wouldn't likely say now. It does take some patience as people get a feel for the board, members, and mods. I've had many conversations with Greg and T200 for the better, that made me not only a better member and allowed me to approach our collective conversations better.

So it does take time, for new posters to find their way and figure out where they slide into our crazy Fandom. After a year + though that poster should see the way the more active posters go about conversations. We all hardly ever agree but there's typically a rational thought somewhere in our conversations and not something absurd.

I understand there's a balance between traffic, content, and the most informed. I think with the mods, this site balances it better than any I've seen. It's 2024 there are people with some wild thoughts so keeping the board as tidy as it is currently is a daily miracle.

So thank you to the mods 👊

nb587

I stopped responding to BC posts awhile ago and stopped reading them months ago. To me, that's the best way to deal with a troll as opposed to banning which, as you noted, can be circumvented.

If you don't mind me asking, what happened that caused the ban

brownelvis54

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 15, 2024, 12:45:55 PMBy the way, BC was given a lot of leeway and was in fact sent a PM by Rich last month. BC never responded, which was disrespectful. It was hoped that BC would eventually fit in and act accordingly to how others on this site have acted. Unfortunately the behavior continued. We don't take banning a member lightly.

Sorry to see anyone banned. He didn't bother me, not at all. Some of the stuff I would read, I just rolled my eyes and moved on. In my line of work you see all kinds, I guess I am just numb
The KING is in the building

spiderblue43

I never responded to BC..he was looking for attention..and got too much for me.  He'll probably resurface, but he can't help himself and revert to form in any guise.

I respect this site and appreciate it so much. I've been here for over 20 years-started with the original in 2003-and want civility here.

Philosophers

I b!tched about his posting as I thought he flooded the board but also was ridiculous.  DeVito completes one pass and he calls him best QB.

bamagiantfan

I don't know if he was flooding the board but regardless of the topic he always came back to the same argument.  It got old real quick.  :hit:
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

DaveBrown74

I admit I was gullible, but for a period of time I actually thought BC might not be deliberately trolling. I thought he (I am going to assume BC is a he but if I'm wrong I'm sorry) might just be an eccentric person but a legitimate Giants fan who had unconventional views and liked stating his points bombastically. Obviously, that was a bit gullible of me, but I generally like to try to trust people and give them a shot, even when I have initial doubts.

After some time though, and admittedly more slowly than others here, I realized he was clearly trolling most if not all of the time. For that reason I significantly slowed down/stopped my engagement with him. It got to a point where it wasn't so much that I found it annoying but more that I found it boring.

coggs

I still contend that he, bluefire, cruzmissle, road to glory etc are all the same person.  In a few weeks, we will get a new member who posts non-stop.  They will find one point and constantly harp on it.  Wash rinse repeat.

Messiah717

Yes, not responding is the best remedy but there shouldn't be constant posts that you know full well annoy people.  The Devito thing being started over and over again couldn't have been anything but trying to garner a negative reaction. 

Philosophers

I cant believe any adult would be this rash and obsessive.

kingm56

Quote from: Philosophers on August 15, 2024, 08:59:19 PMI cant believe any adult would be this rash and obsessive.

Joe,

I could be wrong, but I'd place a sizable wager against BC being 77-years old; in all my travels, I've never met an elder statesman who acted like he did...he was an obvious troll.  I appreciate the mods giving massive leeway before banning posters.  They do a great job!!