News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Does 'Turbo' make the team?

Started by LennG, August 15, 2024, 03:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

We have basically 3 RBs who are assured of making the team, Singletary, Grey and Tracy, will they carry a 4th in 'Turbo' Miller. As one very intelligent person said, you can't teach speed and Turbo has that and more.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/what-do-giants-have-in-turbo-miller/ar-AA1oOKNu?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=2db5524180ce421d8cd9dd4196206dc4&ei=14
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Trench

I'm wondering with the new kickoff rules he would be a potential return guy??

MightyGiants

Quote from: Trench on August 15, 2024, 03:41:24 PMI'm wondering with the new kickoff rules he would be a potential return guy??

Turbo is fast, but what I haven't seen from him (yet) is elusive.  I think you need elusive to be a successful returner
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: LennG on August 15, 2024, 03:08:01 PMWe have basically 2 RBs who are assured of making the team, Singletary, Grey and Tracy, will they carry a 4th in 'Turbo' Miller. As one very intelligent person said, you can't teach speed and Turbo has that and more.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/what-do-giants-have-in-turbo-miller/ar-AA1oOKNu?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=2db5524180ce421d8cd9dd4196206dc4&ei=14

Len,

I think it comes down to how many RBs they keep.  In camp, Gray wasn't looking that great.   So I was thinking Gray would be the odd man out.  Then Gray wowed in the first PS game...
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

bamagiantfan

He probably would have been drafted in the 5th - 7th round range if he entered the draft. So, he isn't much of a long shot to be competing with Gray and Taylor at this point. He looks fast to everyone but it looks like straight line speed in what little I've seen of him. He is better at the point of contact and between the tackles than I expected. The one thing he has in addition to his speed that shouldn't be discounted is that he can run routes, run, and catch. When you look at the players the Giants staff brings in (Wan'Dale, Tracy, Kadarius Toney, now Miller) there seems to be pattern. He has already shown in camp that he is a nightmare cover on wheel routes.

I am interested to see how it all plays out. He does seem to fit what the Giants want in a RB and Daboll hasn't been shy about stating how important it is that the Giants get faster at all positions. 
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

Jersey Heel

I hope so. I enjoyed yelling "Turbo!" after each carry he had in the preseason game.

DaveBrown74

I think the odds are against him, but he still has a shot. Maybe 25-30% probability.

Ed Vette

I think it comes down to Special Teams and how many WR's and TE's they keep. It's a balancing act. I think his talent trumps a 6th WR, who can be on the Practice Squad and not be poached. I think he has a shot. Let's see how he does in the remaining two PS games.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 16, 2024, 09:52:02 AMI think it comes down to Special Teams and how many WR's and TE's they keep. It's a balancing act. I think his talent trumps a 6th WR, who can be on the Practice Squad and not be poached. I think he has a shot. Let's see how he does in the remaining two PS games.

As you say, there will be competition between positions and between positions.  Players like Turbo, Hodgins, Cager, and others need to prove themselves on special teams.

One thing I think with Turbo is I can't see him making the PS.   His kind of speed simply can't be coached up.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

I am not sure Gray is automatically in.  If his summer has been subpar aside from one PS game, I am not sure that is enough to keep him.  Also I think his hands are the weakest of the group for pass catching.

killarich

I hope he does , he has huge BIG PLAY potential