News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants valued at $7.65 billion worth

Started by LennG, August 15, 2024, 03:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/giants-valued-at-7-65-billion-in-latest-sportico-franchise-rankings/ar-AA1oQbYZ?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=2db5524180ce421d8cd9dd4196206dc4&ei=13

Bought for a meager $500 by Tim Mara back in 1925, they are now valued at a whopping $7.65 billion one hundred years later.

In Sportico's latest NFL Franchise Valuations Rankings list, the Giants were listed as the league's third-most valuable franchise behind the Dallas Cowboys ($10.32 billion) and the Los Angeles Rams ($7.79 billion).
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

files58

Think about that for a moment or ten. Success can be measured in different ways. Despite the rhetoric, at $7.6 Billion(and growing) is winning on the field really that important to ownership and their partners. Whether they go 16-0 or 0-16 the overall value stays the same or increases. As fans our currency is tied to the W-L column. Not so with ownership. I feel the same way about the Yankees, who when I looked a couple of weeks ago were second to the Cowboys for overall sports franchises. Think about it despite Jones' saying "we're all in" and other similar BS they haven't won squat for some time.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: files58 on August 15, 2024, 04:59:44 PMThink about that for a moment or ten. Success can be measured in different ways. Despite the rhetoric, at $7.6 Billion(and growing) is winning on the field really that important to ownership and their partners. Whether they go 16-0 or 0-16 the overall value stays the same or increases. As fans our currency is tied to the W-L column. Not so with ownership. I feel the same way about the Yankees, who when I looked a couple of weeks ago were second to the Cowboys for overall sports franchises. Think about it despite Jones' saying "we're all in" and other similar BS they haven't won squat for some time.

I think you make a good point.  When it comes to caring about winning I rank it:

1 - fans

2 - players

3 - coaches and front office

4 - owners

possibly with 2 and 3 reversed.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

DaveBrown74

As a side point, as highly valued as NFL teams seem, I personally see no reason to believe they're not still a great investment right here, at these levels, if one has the resources and connections to actually get one. In my opinion we're still in the first or second inning of legal sports gambling in this country, and that alone is huge. I have never bought any of the Hollywood type drivel that "football is dying" in this country. It is on fire, and so is gambling, and this growth will continue at the same breakneck pace that it is presently on for the medium and long term. Being long an NFL team at the present price point is a fabulous investment. I think that will be true 10 years from now too.

jimc

Quote from: files58 on August 15, 2024, 04:59:44 PMThink about that for a moment or ten. Success can be measured in different ways. Despite the rhetoric, at $7.6 Billion(and growing) is winning on the field really that important to ownership and their partners. Whether they go 16-0 or 0-16 the overall value stays the same or increases. As fans our currency is tied to the W-L column. Not so with ownership. I feel the same way about the Yankees, who when I looked a couple of weeks ago were second to the Cowboys for overall sports franchises. Think about it despite Jones' saying "we're all in" and other similar BS they haven't won squat for some time.

What does the "value" mean at the end of the day? The owners aren't cashing in any time soon.
- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

DaveBrown74

Quote from: jimc on August 15, 2024, 07:52:16 PMWhat does the "value" mean at the end of the day? The owners aren't cashing in any time soon.

The "value" in this context refers to both the price point of the asset at any moment in time but also the annual cash flow it generates. The former is increasing at an extremely rapid pace, as it has been for some time and will continue to for the foreseeable future, possibly at an even faster pace (in my opinion). The latter is massive, as we all know, and doesn't require further explanation.

jimc

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 15, 2024, 07:56:11 PMThe "value" in this context refers to both the price point of the asset at any moment in time but also the annual cash flow it generates. The former is increasing at an extremely rapid pace, as it has been for some time and will continue to for the foreseeable future, possibly at an even faster pace (in my opinion). The latter is massive, as we all know, and doesn't require further explanation.
Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 15, 2024, 07:56:11 PMThe "value" in this context refers to both the price point of the asset at any moment in time but also the annual cash flow it generates. The former is increasing at an extremely rapid pace, as it has been for some time and will continue to for the foreseeable future, possibly at an even faster pace (in my opinion). The latter is massive, as we all know, and doesn't require further explanation.

There may be liens on the assets thereby reducing any cash flow benefits. That was the basis of my original statement. It is not simple determining "value" in this case and the numbers are likely just guesses for the most part.

- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

DaveBrown74

Fair enough Jim. I sort of misunderstood what you were asking.