News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

PS game 2- Giants VS Texans game thread

Started by MightyGiants, August 17, 2024, 12:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killarich

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on August 17, 2024, 02:23:20 PMLovely catches by Hyatt and Nabers.

Hyatt taken back.. but still nice catch

kingm56

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 17, 2024, 02:23:54 PMJones settling in nicely here on this drive, and Nabers looks sick.

O line has been money all half. Simms and Banks can't say enough about it.

Settling in, or taking advantage of Hou 2d and 3rd stringers?  Houston pulled thier starters after the 1st Qtr....

Also, I'm listening to the Hou broadcasters, which are praising thier 2d and 3d stringers for getting pressure against the Giants starting Oline. 

DaveBrown74

Not a good throw by Jones to Gray, but a very strong drive from him otherwise. Receivers (Nabers and Hyatt) have made great catches too on this drive.

madbadger

Good news/bad news on offense has been that the receivers are consistently getting open. The bad news is Jones isn't an accurate passer. If Stroud was our starting quarterback he'd have three passing touchdowns in the first half.

katkavage

Can't teach instincts. The difference was so clear on who has them, and who just doesn't.

Hadron

killarich

Azeez .... has been a ghost.... which is not good

killarich

Quote from: killarich on August 17, 2024, 02:45:30 PMAzeez .... has been a ghost.... which is not good

Delicious crow... air fried seasoned with Adobo

kingm56

Chatman can move for a 300 lbs DT...caught a RB from behind.

bighitterdalama

Amazing play by Chapman. Don't try to cut him and bring him back to the PS; he will get snapped up in a heartbeat.

killarich

Quote from: bighitterdalama on August 17, 2024, 03:05:00 PMAmazing play by Chapman. Don't try to cut him and bring him back to the PS; he will get snapped up in a heartbeat.

Practice Squad? I think the dude has a chance at starting

bighitterdalama

Quote from: killarich on August 17, 2024, 03:07:57 PMPractice Squad? I think the dude has a chance at starting

I agree. Certainly will be part of the rotation.

kingm56

Quote from: killarich on August 17, 2024, 03:07:57 PMPractice Squad? I think the dude has a chance at starting

I doubt it; he's not a 1-tech DT.  He'll be great on known passing situations, or when the Giants are not in thier base personnel.  He's athletic as heck, but needs to get stronger to be an NFL starter. 

bighitterdalama

Absolutely no pass rush in the second half.

gregf

Quote from: kingm56 on August 17, 2024, 03:13:52 PMI doubt it; he's not a 1-tech DT.  He'll be great on known passing situations, or when the Giants are not in thier base personnel.  He's athletic as heck, but needs to get stronger to be an NFL starter. 

The D line coach said he is the strongest guy on the team. Stronger than Dex. This was mentioned on Giants podcast and elsewhere