News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

FB Jakob Johnson

Started by MightyGiants, August 18, 2024, 07:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Pat Leonard
@PLeonardNYDN
Talked to FB Jakob Johnson after he played a game for #Giants before even practicing with the team. His whirlwind week:

⚫️He had just moved to Fort Lauderdale, FL. Movers had just arrived with his stuff Wednesday

⚫️Thursday's plan was basically to "sit on my new couch," enjoy the new digs

⚫️Giants called & asked him to fly to NJ for a Friday workout. He did that, signed & promptly flew to Houston with the team Friday and PLAYED in Saturday's game

⚫️His coach from home in Germany is excited because the coach is a massive Giants fan 🍻. Maybe Johnson can show us around Munich in November (he's from Stuttgart)

⚫️He didn't see this NYG opportunity coming, but he's glad he got the call

@NYDNSports

@NYDailyNews

https://x.com/PLeonardNYDN/status/1825038546018632056
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

I've watched quite a few clips of him since the signing. He seems to be an elite blocker, both in protecting the QB and for making holes for the RB. Plays like his hair is on fire, and though seldom used as an offensive weapon, he catches a ball nicely

The fact that Keith Richards has outlived Richard Simmons, sure makes me question this whole, "healthy eating and exercise" thing

Trench

I watched an interview with Aaron Rodgers last night where he said many teams are reverting back to a run first focus. Perhaps this indicates the Giants will be doing the same

DaveBrown74

We know that Runyan is not a good run blocker (all the strength of his game is pass blocking). We also know that our RB room is one of the weaker/thinner ones in the league. Adding a FB might make sense this year.