News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Do you agree with this WR room ranking?

Started by MightyGiants, August 18, 2024, 10:06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I disagree with their rankings for a number of teams. For example, I think Denver is too high on this. They maybe the worst in the league for receivers, certainly bottom thre IMO.

As for the Giants, I think 25 looks a bit low, but part of the issue is we don't have a genuinely solid number two receiver on this team who has proven himself to be that. We can all speculate about what we think Hyatt is capable of or what we think Wan'Dale can produce in a full season etc, but that's all it is: speculation.

Same frankly goes for Nabers, even though I feel extremely confident he is going to be a great NFL receiver. We still haven't seen it it yet, and it's not like WR is a bust-proof position.

I think our receiver room has potential to be much better than the 25th best in the league, but right here right now, the only receiver (apart from Allan Robinson who is well past his prime) who has proven anything in this league is Darius Slayton, and he's not good enough to be a quality WR2 at this level. He's more of a quality WR3.

Ed Vette

Ranking Teams and Units on paper before the season starts is just plain click bait.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin