News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Scenario Where Schoen Is Fired But

Started by Philosophers, August 18, 2024, 11:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: todge on August 19, 2024, 11:46:42 PMWhat do you mean by "hands in the soup"? Mara has stated he allows his people to make decisions on their own. This was corroborated in Hard Knocks.

He's the owner and has every right to his opinion regarding personnel decisions. But it all comes down to what Schoen and his staff want to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah and if you believe Mara, I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

LOL! Hard Knocks revealed his constant attempts to meddle over the Barkley hand wringing and feeble attempts to influence Schoen into keeping him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Philosophers on August 20, 2024, 12:47:18 PMI agree but I wanted to ask the board.

The team does have more talent overall then when DG was let go.  Better cap situation as well.  We need better QB play and for position groups to gel.

Regarding the scenario, when was the last time that happened in the league?  It seems like a very unlikely and unusual scenario to me.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

todge

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on August 20, 2024, 01:20:02 PMYeah and if you believe Mara, I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

LOL! Hard Knocks revealed his constant attempts to meddle over the Barkley hand wringing and feeble attempts to influence Schoen into keeping him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Gettleman stated several times that Mara never interfered in his personnel decisions. We saw in plain view on Hard Knocks that Mara wanted to keep Barkley, but Schoen decided otherwise. "Constant attempts"? We only saw one conversation which he is entitled to. Mara himself stated that he pays his football people to make personnel decisions without his interference.

I have cited several instances that Mara is not the meddling owner you claim he is. So if you would Andrew, please provide some clear evidence that supports your stance other than your opinion. Remember - Barkley isn't here ... so who made that decision.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sxdxca38

Quote from: Giant Obsession on August 19, 2024, 02:48:44 AMWorry not, Dabs will be gone by midseason.

Schoen has now had THREE drafts and FA seasons to build the rest of this team, giving him a temporary pass on DJ regarding this statement.  He has failed miserably thru the draft and get a D minus for FA.

Now....taking away that temporary pass regarding DJ.....and this is a basic reflection on his ability to judge talent, both the draft and DJ.   DJ should have been jettisoned completely after his 4 years.  Many of us on here could see he just ain't got it between the ears involving decision making.  And that leads to his inability to deliver the ball in position for large gains.

So Shoen must go.

Dabs developing this talent to any level beyond 6 wins will not happen.  He is ANOTHER rookie HC we have had the displeasure of being thrust upon us.

But we got some real exciting talent at WR courtesy of the draft.  Oh joy a player who will maybe on a good day touch the ball 6-8 times in a game will lift us to the upper echelon. Ask Matt Millen how that worked out in Detroit.  This franchise just does not pay attention and learn regarding their profession.

3 - 5 wins this year.
A new regime to talk about all off season.

Trust the process.
Yeah, right.
Garbage in..garbage out.

Amazing that garbage can worth nearly 8 billion dollars.

Honestly,

This simply was not a good post.

Dabs won rookie head coach of the year in 2022, and the team went 9-7-1 and won a playoff game. So how can you sit there and say he will be fired halfway through the season?

Next, Schoen also was responsible for this team making the playoffs in 2022 and has drafted well.

He drafted at WR, Robinson, Hyatt, and Nabers, all three are lethal.

At DE Kayvon is good, and the trade for DE Burns was excellent.

C JMS is back and let's see what we have in him.

Banks at CB and the rest of the rookies this year look promising.

And Okereke at LB was another excellent signing.

Finally,

Regarding DJ, his 2022 year he ranked 6th in QBR, and 13th in RTG.

So, for those who say he hasn't done anything heading into his sixth year is simply incorrect.

And to say that this team won't win six games, well that is your opinion, but from what I have seen so far, this team is a lot more aggressive, and they have the horses to do it.

May I ask what are you going to do if DJ settles down and he has a good year? and the team produces and makes the playoffs? Will you admit you were wrong? and as fans we are thankful that you aren't the GM? or will you double down?

Just curious?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: sxdxca38 on August 20, 2024, 09:07:48 PMHonestly,

Quote from: sxdxca38 on August 20, 2024, 09:07:48 PMMay I ask what are you going to do if DJ settles down and he has a good year? and the team produces and makes the playoffs? Will you admit you were wrong? and as fans we are thankful that you aren't the GM? or will you double down?

Just curious?

SXD,

I have to say, the above surprises me.

As someone who makes a big point of the value of civility and showing respect to other posters when their opinions differ from your own, your above tone seems completely out of line with that value system.

Is it that you expect others here to show you unconditional respect at all times, but if you you happen to disagree with the content of someone else's post you get to crap all over it and disrespectfully put the person down in the process, as you have done above?

Why was it ok on your part to go on the attack here? Did this poster provoke you personally prior to your attack?

Maybe it's me, but this all seems very hypocritical on your part.

Just my two cents.

Giant Obsession

Quote from: sxdxca38 on August 20, 2024, 09:07:48 PMHonestly,

Dabs won rookie head coach of the year in 2022, and the team went 9-7-1 and won a playoff game. So how can you sit there and say he will be fired halfway through the season?

Next, Schoen also was responsible for this team making the playoffs in 2022 and has drafted well.

He drafted at WR, Robinson, Hyatt, and Nabers, all three are lethal.

At DE Kayvon is good, and the trade for DE Burns was excellent.

C JMS is back and let's see what we have in him.

Banks at CB and the rest of the rookies this year look promising.

And Okereke at LB was another excellent signing.

Finally,

Regarding DJ, his 2022 year he ranked 6th in QBR, and 13th in RTG.

So, for those who say he hasn't done anything heading into his sixth year is simply incorrect.

And to say that this team won't win six games, well that is your opinion, but from what I have seen so far, this team is a lot more aggressive, and they have the horses to do it.

May I ask what are you going to do if DJ settles down and he has a good year? and the team produces and makes the playoffs? Will you admit you were wrong? and as fans we are thankful that you aren't the GM? or will you double down?

Just curious?

My fervent apologies.

I will make sure to run all future posts (that you might  disagree with) by you for approval.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

katkavage

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 20, 2024, 09:34:01 PMSXD,

As someone who makes a big point of the value of civility and showing respect to other posters when their opinions differ from your own, your above tone seems completely out of line with that value system.

Is it that you expect others here to show you unconditional respect at all times, but if you you happen to disagree with the content of someone else's post you get to crap all over it and disrespectfully put the person down in the process, as you have done above?

Why was it ok on your part to go on the attack here? Did this poster provoke you personally prior to your attack?

Just my two cents.

Some Giant fans get all touchy when even one of their own (or an outsider) attacks the team. I used to be like that when I was younger; taking it personally when my team was made fun of or ridiculed. Though most of the time it was deserved. Everyone here is entitled to their opinion and this is a sounding board for opinions. Though I don't agree with all his posts, I find Giant Obsession's posts entertaining and sometimes his opinions are valid. His obvious dislike of Daboll's coaching skills could turn out to be true. He is going out on a limb here predicting that his tenure will be limited with the Giants. If Daboll turns out to be a winning coach, GO will have to live with his wrong prediction and eat some crow. But he was bold enough to put it out there, right or wrong. Nothing wrong with that at all.

sxdxca38

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 20, 2024, 09:34:01 PMSXD,

Just my two cents.

Dave, telling someone that "it wasn't a good post" is not crapping all over it, or going on the attack, as you have stated. What I did do is call out the fallacious statements. You have done that more than a few times.

Having a difference of opinion is fine, as long as it is reasonable and backed up by facts, but making several false claims and statements should be called out.

Notice how many false statements he made; I have put them in quotes in case you have missed it.

""Schoen has now had THREE drafts and FA seasons to build the rest of this team, giving him a temporary pass on DJ regarding this statement.  He has failed miserably thru the draft and get a D minus for FA.""

This is simply a false statement. His drafts have been good and his FA acquisitions especially Okereke have been excellent.

Notice another false statement.

"""DJ should have been jettisoned completely after his 4 years"""

Really? after his 4th year posting a QBR ranked 6th and a RTG ranked 13th in the league? And this was after making the playoffs and winning a playoff game on the road?

"""Dabs developing this talent to any level beyond 6 wins will not happen.  He is ANOTHER rookie HC we have had the displeasure of being thrust upon us."""

As I stated before 9-7-1 in his first year and won a playoff game. He's had success here.

There is no way you or any of us can know how this season is going to transpire. Those of us who hope DJ bounces back and the Giants win again, can only hope and wish, as it is not a guarantee, but we will have to see.

In conclusion, I have said what I needed to say, and you can feel free to respond, but I won't be responding or contributing anymore to this thread, as I have made a defense of my statements. 

Jclayton92

Quote from: sxdxca38 on August 21, 2024, 08:43:26 PMDave, telling someone that "it wasn't a good post" is not crapping all over it, or going on the attack, as you have stated. What I did do is call out the fallacious statements. You have done that more than a few times.

Having a difference of opinion is fine, as long as it is reasonable and backed up by facts, but making several false claims and statements should be called out.

Notice how many false statements he made; I have put them in quotes in case you have missed it.

""Schoen has now had THREE drafts and FA seasons to build the rest of this team, giving him a temporary pass on DJ regarding this statement.  He has failed miserably thru the draft and get a D minus for FA.""

This is simply a false statement. His drafts have been good and his FA acquisitions especially Okereke have been excellent.

Really? after his 4th year posting a QBR ranked 6th and a RTG ranked 13th in the league? And this was after making the playoffs and winning a playoff game on the road?

"""Dabs developing this talent to any level beyond 6 wins will not happen.  He is ANOTHER rookie HC we have had the displeasure of being thrust upon us."""

As I stated before 9-7-1 in his first year and won a playoff game. He's had success here.

There is no way you or any of us can know how this season is going to transpire. Those of us who hope DJ bounces back and the Giants win again, can only hope and wish, as it is not a guarantee, but we will have to see.

In conclusion, I have said what I needed to say, and you can feel free to respond, but I won't be responding or contributing anymore to this thread, as I have made a defense of my statements. 

Bounce back to 3200 yards and 20 tds? We could get sam howell or half the backups in the league to post those numbers.

Respond or don't respond, I don't care but the smart move would have been to drop Jones the end of his 4th year on production and injuries alone. Can't love analytics for him in 2022 and ignore them in 2023 or any other year.

Also I really really like schoen but his drafts have been far from home runs or even doubles. Name one draft that has been a home run or even great?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: sxdxca38 on August 21, 2024, 08:43:26 PMDave, telling someone that "it wasn't a good post" is not crapping all over it, or going on the attack, as you have stated. What I did do is call out the fallacious statements. You have done that more than a few times.

Debunking fallacious statements is fine. I don't consider that disrespectful at all.

What is disrespectful is to say things like "we fans can be thankful you're not our GM." I can almost guarantee that you would not respond positively if someone said that to you. Especially someone whom you had not attacked prior to that. Am I mistaken? Would you be perfectly fine with people talking to you that way if they don't agree with your views?

Also, if someone expresses an opinion that you don't agree with, that doesn't make it a "false statement." That makes it an opinion you don't agree with. Those are two completely different concepts.

AZGiantFan

I'm thankful that NO one on this board is GM.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

kartanoman

Quote from: AZGiantFan on August 21, 2024, 11:24:57 PMI'm thankful that NO one on this board is GM.

To take this one step further, and I raise my hand, being guilty of this (NOTE: despite the results "appear" to be true), a few of us point to the Baltimore Ravens as the measuring stick for a team who knows how to draft and sign FA's for talent. Maybe not every year, but certainly most. Season 2022 being one of their best in recent memory.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

MrGap92

Sorry to interject as this does not concern me, but you had said "Having a difference of opinion is fine, as long as it is reasonable and backed up by facts"

The latter end of that portion negates ones ability to have an opinion. If you disagree or have a different way of looking at things as someone else, that is perfectly valid and acceptable if you feel you're correct.

But facts or not, if someone thinks something of any subject, they are entitled to that. To say it has to be backed up by facts does imply what the other poster said about crapping on it, because at that point you are trying to debunk them and prove them wrong, or change their mind. That is not an opinion at that point, it is a debate.

Jclayton92

All most all the teams that cut their dead weight or non elite qb early have completely rebounded. Lol seriously the bears, the Jets, and the 49ers have drafted a guy high and rebounded to be in the hunt in the time Daniel Jones has been our Qb. If we would have cut bait at the end of 2022 we likely have Caleb Williams or jayden daniels right now. So saying resigning Jones was this must do thing... was it?