News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Positions where I could see one of the 53 currently not on the team

Started by MightyGiants, August 19, 2024, 09:23:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

The Giants are 6th on the waiver claims.  I can see the team looking at:

1) ILB (injuries have shorted the position)
2) Edge (neither Ojulari nor Boogie have impressed)
3) WR (you never know, but a WR the Giants like better than their own 5 or 6 could be available)
4) CB (That position is far from set)
5) TE (I don't think Bellinger has looked that good.  If Bellinger makes the initial 53, I don't think the bar is that high in terms of a waiver TE being a better option)

I could also see the Giants adding a veteran CB, as the CB room seems to be a significant weakness.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MrGap92

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 19, 2024, 09:23:14 AMThe Giants are 6th on the waiver claims.  I can see the team looking at:

1) ILB (injuries have shorted the position)
2) Edge (neither Ojulari nor Boogie have impressed)
3) WR (you never know, but a WR the Giants like better than their own 5 or 6 could be available)
4) CB (That position is far from set)
5) TE (I don't think Bellinger has looked that good.  If Bellinger makes the initial 53, I don't think the bar is that high in terms of a waiver TE being a better option)

I could also see the Giants adding a veteran CB, as the CB room seems to be a significant weakness.

I can absolutely see 1, 2 and 4 happening. CB seems almost definite at this point. I wouldn't be surprised to still see another DT or OL also.

MightyGiants

Quote from: MrGap92 on August 19, 2024, 09:27:32 AMI can absolutely see 1, 2 and 4 happening. CB seems almost definite at this point. I wouldn't be surprised to still see another DT or OL also.

I think the Giants have enough depth at both DT and OL that I don't think the players will make it to waivers.   On the O-line, don't sleep, and Miles and Mayfield, who both have looked pretty good.  On the D-line, I think there Chatman makes the final DT list alone with Nacho, Dex, and an injured Ryder Anderson.  You also have DJ Davidson and Jordan Riley who don't light up the world, but are likely better than what you will get on waivers
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

With Ryder Anderson being waived, I will add Defensive line to the list of possible claims
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE