News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

finally a little good news on the injury front

Started by MightyGiants, August 20, 2024, 08:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kartanoman

Groins, comparable to hamstrings, can be tricky to heal since it is preferred that they are healed "completely" before returning to action. Anything less can open the door to aggravating the original injury or, worse, cause additional damage to potentially include tearing of the ligament off the bone.

In the Australian Football League, my club (i.e. Collingwood Magpies) suffered an injury-riddled campaign which derailed the defense of their premiership last season. One of their key catalysts was impacted all season by groin and hamstring injuries. He would be out a few weeks, then come in for a week or two, then go out again for a month, come in for a few weeks, get injured again. Towards the end of this season, when the team was fighting to hold onto a playoff position, he ended up tearing his groin muscle off the bone and was declared done for the year; so, too, were Collingwood's hopes for a Finals' campaign in 2024. They will finish their season tomorrow morning, my time, when they play Melbourne to close out a most disappointing season.

My example illustrates that it is more important to allow injuries to groin and hamstring muscles and tendons to fully heal and the player ample opportunity to rebuild both strength and flexibility before returning to the field. For these types of injuries, returning earlier almost never benefits the players and, often, can result in re-injury or, worse, compounding the injury with additional issues.

This is a case which bears watching as McFadden rehabilitates and we move closer to kickoff of the new season.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Jolly Blue Giant

I don't know which reporter said it during a game, but when he heard some player was "out with a minor groin injury", he replied to his co-anchor, "do you really think there's such a thing as a minor groin injury"...lol

Hopefully, McFadden's it heals and he's good to go soon
The fact that Keith Richards has outlived Richard Simmons, sure makes me question this whole, "healthy eating and exercise" thing