News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Fantasy Football

Started by Philosophers, August 22, 2024, 03:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 14, 2024, 10:35:28 AMTough. Not an easy call.

With McConkey, we may be optimistic but we only have one week of NFL data with him. With Zay, you have a whole season, and you know he's a really good player.

I owned Zay last year and liked him for the most part, and when you watch him play there is no question as to his talent. I was watching the Ravens/Chiefs game two Thursdays ago and thinking to myself how quick and good he is. But then you look at the box score and he has 36 receiving yards or something. To be fair he had six catches so you're generally going to get to the 10 point thereshold with him even when he doesn't find the end zone, but he's a very horizontal type player in a lot of these games.

McConkey could end up being sort of similar though. He might have a similar profile, and Harbaugh could run the ball a lot in this game if this Carolina D falls apart like they did last week.

Tough call. They probably have similar expectations this week. I might lean Flowers just due to the experience factor, but I can make a case for McConkey. The Raiders' pass rush might force Lamar to dump it off more and that could benefit Flowers as he could end up with 8-9 catches or something.

Wow I see it exactly the same especially with Flowers.  Great description about how he is so horizontal in his play.  That's my problem with him.  He certainly is WR1 with them but if he is always like only 7-8 yards per catch you dont get explosive upside but you do get likely 10 points easily.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on September 14, 2024, 11:06:24 AMWow I see it exactly the same especially with Flowers.  Great description about how he is so horizontal in his play.  That's my problem with him.  He certainly is WR1 with them but if he is always like only 7-8 yards per catch you dont get explosive upside but you do get likely 10 points easily.

Totally agree. You watch him and you're like "wow this guy is fast, this guy is good" because he covers a ton of grass, but a lot of it is horizontal. And that's fine - there is value to that, but you kind of need him to take a short slant 40 yards or more for him to really make you happy he's in your lineup that week. And that can certainly happen.

I think it's very close. I'd probably lean Flowers but it's not a high conviction call for me.

Philosophers

I dropped Bowers after drafting him because you talked me out of him as a starter.  Damn you.  😂