News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Bigfoot/Yeti????

Started by LennG, August 22, 2024, 05:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

)As I have said many times, my wife (and I) watch anything (well almost) about UFOs. We used to also be into those Ghost and paranormal adventures but we have sort of calmed on those.

What we have now is a show on Discovery about a search for Bigfoot or whatever you want to call him (or her).

So let me state right now, I do NOT believe there is such a creature and think it is all just hocus pocus. My reasoning is this, first, these beasts have been sighted everywhere from many states in the US, to Europe, to Asia, and even Australia. How is it possible that all these Yetis are around yet no one can find one? My second reasoning is with all these so-called Yetis around they have to eat yet no one finds bones from anything they have eaten, plus if they eat they have to sh*t, yet no one has even found any feces from them. (if they have they aren't saying).

Yet, you go out and ask people, especially those who live more remotely (as they did in this show) and everyone has a Yeti story yet no one has really seen them.

In this particular series (and I just use it as an example), 3 people set out to find Bigfoot. They planted cameras in areas where there have been many sightings and for 9 months those cameras showed nothing. Oh wait, in the night month there was some movement but it couldn't be determined what it was.
Now they go out into the woods. I know, if I were hunting something in the woods I MIGHT bring a dog or tow along in case we get a smell, wouldn't that be reasonable? Not to these people. One guy says he has been chasing this thing for 40 years, yes 40 years, and still has nothing. Why because there ain't no such thing.
Wait, they do find this large footprint in a swampy area, yes ONE footprint, like the Yetis hops around, no other footprints and they think this is amazing and proof positive that there is Bigfoot around, but also, no such luck. Why because there isn't a Bigfoot, only in people's imagination.

Yes, overall, they all point to one film clip from years ago that says it was a Bigfoot, maybe, but it could have been a prank like so many UFOs are.

anyway, now that I got this off my chest, anyone else believe in Bigfoot?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

I categorically do not believe in Bigfoot, and I think it's one of the dumber legends around.

Pretty simple: the alleged creature is massive. Like any other creature, it is mortal. The idea that these are walking around in the Pacific Northwest and nobody has even found a carcas, let alone remains, is preposterous. We have found fossils that are thousands of years old of animals that are a fraction the size, and nobody has ever found a Bigfoot carcass?

Ok, sure.

Sem

Quote from: LennG on August 22, 2024, 05:06:18 PM...anyway, now that I got this off my chest, anyone else believe in Bigfoot?

I just saw one Tuesday at my son's house in Minnesota.  ;)

But seriously, I'm with you Len. Seems impossible after all this time not to have any proof of their existence if there actually was such a species.

GIANTS1

i believe in him. i just think that the all the grainy photos you see are how he actually looks. lol

LennG

Not to belabor this moronic show that my wife has made me watch with her. In this last installment, these 3 searchers get a call to go see this woman who has some interesting info on Bigfoot. They go and she tells a story of a dark and stormy night ( Now you know where Snoopy got this from), where she heard this tremendous howling in the woods. Since, she has stated, she knows it was Bigfoot since she knows all the other sounds animals make. I asked my wife how she know what Bigfoot sounds like since no one has ever heard one, yet this woman (and my wife) still say it has to be Bigfoot since she heard it.
(You never should try arguing with my wife over things like this, you just can't win)
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss