News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - College Football to 2025 Draft Prediction

Started by Philosophers, August 24, 2024, 10:53:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

Any college football fans here want to make a prediction?  Last year before the college season started I predicted JJ McCarthy would be a 1st round pick.

Here's mine.  Michigan will have 3 first round players selected before 1 Ohio State player is drafted.  It will be Will Johnson, Mason Graham and either Kenneth Grant or Colston Loveland.

spiderblue43

Think it favors defense (first round) but qbs zoom to the top always. If the Giants fail early, we maybe doing our qb scouting before Halloween.

Jclayton92

Got ole miss with 5 1st rd picks

Jaxson Dart qb3
Tre Harris Wr2
Walter Nolen Dt1
Caden Prieskorn Te1
Prince Umanmeilen De3

Possibly a 6th with Juice Wells wr4

bamagiantfan

No RBs will be taken in the first 50 picks.

Brady Cook, QB, Missouri will add 10 pounds and climb into Day 2 of the draft during the season, maybe even Day 1. He doesn't have ideal NFL size but was as good as any college QB I saw LAST YEAR, and will be throwing to the best WR in the country (Luther Burden.)
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

Jclayton92

Quinshon Judkins was a beast at ole miss and would have likely gone top 50 had he stayed. Him going to OSU and splitting reps with Treyvon Henderson will be something to watch and likely hurt his stock.

DaveBrown74

Interesting prediction on no RBs in the top 50. I'd bet against that myself and would really tip my hat if you're right. I can believe there won't be any in the first round, but picks 30-50 are a real hot zone for RBs. Usually the best couple of backs are gone by that range.

It is absolutely true that the league values the position much less than it used to, and everyone is aware of that, but teams still carry 3-4 RBs, and it's not like the position doesn't matter. The pay scale for a player taken say 35th or 40th overall on a rookie deal is low enough that having a stud back in that range is still worth it.

Ed Vette

The Giants will trade up and draft Jaxson Dart. Daniel Jones will be traded to the Raiders for a 4th round pick, and a bag of donuts. Or not...
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Philosophers

Quote from: Jclayton92 on August 24, 2024, 11:37:31 AMGot ole miss with 5 1st rd picks

Jaxson Dart qb3
Tre Harris Wr2
Walter Nolen Dt1
Caden Prieskorn Te1
Prince Umanmeilen De3

Possibly a 6th with Juice Wells wr4

Think Dart is not first round now but a good 2024 season of development will get him into the forst round like it did with JJ.

5?  Bold.  Way to go

VanPelt

I think this years QB class is underrated, lots of quality guys there. In the SEC alone you have Beck, Ewers, Milroe, and Dart.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Philosophers on August 24, 2024, 03:10:16 PMThink Dart is not first round now but a good 2024 season of development will get him into the forst round like it did with JJ.

5?  Bold.  Way to go
I think it comes down to Dart and Gabriel for the Heisman. Dart has the best weapons and best back shoulder in college so we'll see!

Philosophers

Quote from: Jclayton92 on August 24, 2024, 03:55:46 PMI think it comes down to Dart and Gabriel for the Heisman. Dart has the best weapons and best back shoulder in college so we'll see!

Saban nailed he when he said Ole Miss lacked the OL/DL but that this season he thought they may have gotten it.  That will determine everything.  Seeing Michigan outplay Bama in the trenches was a beautiful thing.  Never thought I'd see the day.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Philosophers on August 24, 2024, 05:46:31 PMSaban nailed he when he said Ole Miss lacked the OL/DL but that this season he thought they may have gotten it.  That will determine everything.  Seeing Michigan outplay Bama in the trenches was a beautiful thing.  Never thought I'd see the day.
Yeah we got the best 2 Olinemen from Washington, the LT from North Carolina, and the center from souther miss to reinforce the oline. Then the best DT in Nolen, poo Paul the #1 Mike, the number 1 DE, and #4 DE to go with what we already had so they went all out with the the portal guys including Juice wells who was arguably the best wr in the sec in 2022 to go with Harris.

They'll be stacked, but the guys that I'm really excited about won't even play that much.  Suntarine Perkins who is a true sophomore at linebacker has people seeing flashes of Patrick Willis. Deion Smith if he ever makes it has scouts saying he's a young moss right now. So yeah finally depth.