News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

PS Game 3- Giants VS Jets game thread

Started by MightyGiants, August 24, 2024, 03:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbadger

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 24, 2024, 09:55:07 PMI challenge anyone to name any of the other 31 teams that has a worse QB room than we do.

Can't sign a good free agent or draft a developmental player because it might upset Jones "development".

kartanoman

Hey, gotta like that Irish kicker, Jude McAtamney, the Rutgers FA with the #99 jersey and is 2 for 2 and has a nice, steady swing.

If Gano struggles during the season, I'd keep him. I think the Giants can because of his foreign status.

As for the rest of the game, the O-Line started fairly well but went downhill after JMS injured his ankle and Neal started performing his turnstile move. If today's game counted, the Giants strategic initiatives #1 and #3 would both be in the red right now.

Not a good way to step into the regular season.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Ed Vette

I gotta question the QB Coach too.
BACK SHOULDER YO!
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

AYM

Quote from: GloryDays on August 24, 2024, 09:00:03 PMI can't believe they did not fire scouts that have recommended the O line draft picks.. if they had reached for names out of a bag they would have done better!!

This team has deep, deep questions to ask about the scouting at OL. Like throw out the entire book and start over.

DaveBrown74

Schrager officially the worst color guy in the history of the NFL. Even by preseason standards.

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 24, 2024, 10:34:32 PMSchrager officially the worst color guy in the history of the NFL. Even by preseason standards.

And the sideline interviews while the plays are running, makes me want to slap someone upside their head.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

madbadger

On the bright side we can now go from watching ugly pre season games to watching ugly regular season games. I'm starting to feel like Moses.....

VanPelt

Had to drop off because I had dinner with the family, but unfortunately the game was on at the restaurant. That was one of the worst overall football games you'll every see. Reminds me of the Giants-Cardinals 20-20 tie in 1983.

VanPelt

At least early reports are that JMS should be ok

Philosophers

God forbid we play our starters because we know they are ready.   /sarcasm/

Giant Obsession

Quote from: VanPelt on August 24, 2024, 10:50:43 PMAt least early reports are that JMS should be ok

That's good.  So our below average C will be available to start.  Choice of 2 centers to draft and of course we pick the wrong one.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Trench

It seemed to me the Giants o line looked fairly better with the backup Center playing last couple games