News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants Cuts

Started by EDjohnst1981, August 25, 2024, 07:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDjohnst1981

Pat Leonard indicated that cuts could begin today. So I thought it would be useful to have a running thread.

spiderblue43

I've heard Schoen is down to 2 roster spots on the 53 (barring injuries) going into last night's game. Did anyone make a move? Bentley? Cloyd? I hope Turbo makes it.

If Neal goes on IR, again, isn't it the last straw? Also, Ezezudu as backup LT is simply ridiculous. The secondary's only hope is a waiver savior, or a dominant run game to keep them off the field. The Vikings and Coms have to be W's if our heroes are going to climb out of their doldrums.

its called SOS for a reason (SAVE OUR SEASON)!

:Giants:  :dance:  :worship:

DaveBrown74

Turbo was likely playing for his job last night. I assume Motor, Gray, and Tracey are all definitely in. Since Motor is not capable of being a 250 carry guy, I could see them maybe going with four as this will need to be more of a RBBC approach this year (which I am all for).

My guess is that Neal isn't going anywhere until they see him try guard. They made that mistake with Flowers and it was embarrassing. I have absolutely no opinion on whether Neal can play guard or not. I'll leave that to others. But if the coaches think it's possible that he might be decent at that position, then they should at least try it out. I personally think he's finished as a tackle and I would have said that at the end of last season. He doesn't have it. And I'm not really into all the excuses myself. Andrew Thomas has battled injuries and bad coaching too.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: madbadger on August 25, 2024, 01:56:35 PMhttps://x.com/dan_salomone/status/1827765091648897288?s=46&t=4x-JXwsXYehIZ1h3v6r-zQ

Thanks for posting.

No big surprises here. Pretty quick turnaround with Josh Kelley. I wonder if this means Turbo is going to make it? Or maybe they're planning on signing someone from August cut-downs? I struggle to see them only going with Motor, Gray, and Tracey personally.

Jclayton92

I hope John Jiles makes the PS, he has game but just needs time!

Jolly Blue Giant

A little surprised they completely gave up on McKethan. He hasn't really shown anything, so not wildlly surprised
The fact that Keith Richards has outlived Richard Simmons, sure makes me question this whole, "healthy eating and exercise" thing

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Dumpster Dan

Thank you for starting this.  Glad the Giants are not waiting till Tuesday for the obvious cuts

Dumpster Dan

brownelvis54

The Giants cut ties with running back Joshua Kelley. The 26-year-old entered the league as the No. 112 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft. In 54 games with the Chargers, he totaled 1,148 yards and six touchdowns off 320 touches. He added 50 grabs for 319 yards. Kelly never found his rhythm in Los Angeles. It's apparent the same was true in New York. With that in mind, his experience may give him another opportunity to play for another team in the National Football League. But his fantasy outlook isn't promising, and that likely won't change.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/giants-part-ways-with-joshua-kelley/ar-AA1ppANq
The KING is in the building

Jclayton92

Quote from: Dumpster Dan on August 25, 2024, 04:30:54 PMThank you for starting this.  Glad the Giants are not waiting till Tuesday for the obvious cuts

Dumpster Dan
Should be an extremely exciting waiver wire for us!

TDToomer

I thought Joshua Kelly was one of the few bright spots on offense yesterday so this surprises me. Hopefully he winds up on the PS.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on August 25, 2024, 08:51:01 PMShould be an extremely exciting waiver wire for us!

We know the team is good when the opposite is true, where we dread which players will be claimed on waivers rather than going to our PS
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

bamagiantfan

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 26, 2024, 07:41:07 AMWe know the team is good when the opposite is true, where we dread which players will be claimed on waivers rather than going to our PS

I long for the days when the Giants would work out trades for players before they were cut. Ryan Grant, Brandon McManus.....
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: bamagiantfan on August 26, 2024, 11:16:31 AMI long for the days when the Giants would work out trades for players before they were cut. Ryan Grant, Brandon McManus.....

Nobody is trading for anyone in that cut list.