News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Emergency QB Rule

Started by Ed Vette, August 26, 2024, 08:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/emergency-qb-can-now-come-from-practice-squad#

The emergency quarterback rule has gotten a much-needed boost.

Last year, in the first year the rule returned, the emergency game-day quarterback had to be on the 53-man roster. This year, teams will be able to elevate the emergency quarterback from the practice squad.

The NFL's owners passed the proposal from the Competition Committee Tuesday.

The Bills had a slightly different proposal, one that would have made the emergency quarterback a third practice-squad elevation. The Competition Committee's version requires the emergency quarterback to be one of the two standard elevations.

That said, the emergency quarterback can be elevated the relegated on an unlimited basis. The only potential wrench would come from another team signing the practice-squad quarterback to its active roster.

The emergency quarterback rule allows the third quarterback to play only if the first two quarterbacks are unavailable, due to injury or ejection. Once an injured quarterback is cleared to return, the emergency quarterback must leave the game.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

No way Tommy gets poached.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Mike White was cut from Miami.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 26, 2024, 08:21:02 AMNo way Tommy gets poached.

I suspect there will be 3 or 4 more talented QBs than Tommy cut from other teams.  That said, I think Tommy's familiarity with the Giants system creates more value for him with the Giants
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE