News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Emergency QB rule changed

Started by MightyGiants, August 26, 2024, 01:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
Important note as teams construct their initial 53-man rosters:

NFL teams were informed that the NFLPA vetoed the revised Emergency 3rd Quarterback rule that would have allowed teams to elevate a bona fide QB from the practice squad an unlimited number of times.

So, the rule reverted to the 2023 version, which says the emergency third QB must be on the 53-man roster, not an elevation.
12:20 PM · Aug 26, 2024
·
 Views
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Gee, did they believe this constituted "plenty of advance warning?"

I wonder how many (if any) teams were caught off-guard by what I view as a last-minute decision.

It's going to cost one guy on each team a job (could be good for teams like us who might be scouring the list for post-cut-down additions.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on August 26, 2024, 01:33:44 PMGee, did they believe this constituted "plenty of advance warning?"

I wonder how many (if any) teams were caught off-guard by what I view as a last-minute decision.

It's going to cost one guy on each team a job (could be good for teams like us who might be scouring the list for post-cut-down additions.

Bob

I think this helps DeVito's chances of making the roster, not that they weren't already pretty high
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Why would the players be against this?

MightyGiants

Quote from: Trench on August 26, 2024, 01:38:29 PMWhy would the players be against this?

My best guess is that the backup quarterbacks complained because they would be paid less as PS players than on the 53-man roster.   However, in the big picture, if the quarterback isn't on the roster, another player is, so the NFL players as a whole make out either way.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE