News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Two Early Cuts who might interest Giants as Backups/Depth

Started by Dumpster Dan, August 26, 2024, 07:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster Dan

Terrell Edmunds  SS

Not sure about this guy   He was pretty decent   but maybe someone can fill me in

But I just wanted to add him

Dumpster Dan

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MrGap92

Dumpster Dan

Quote from: MrGap92 on August 27, 2024, 01:08:38 PMI'd take Hartman over DeVito I think

Would you take Desmond Ridder over Devito??

Dumpster Dan

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MrGap92

Dumpster Dan

I'm adding this guy with the HUGE caveat---only if he is healthy

Jonas Griffith  ILB   Denver

Dumpster Dan

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: MrGap92 on August 27, 2024, 01:08:38 PMI'd take Hartman over DeVito I think
He's definitely got a better head of hair than Tommy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Dumpster Dan

Jclayton92

Jameis Winston, and Taylor Heinicke are supposedly up for trade for a late round pick.

Micheal Pratt the Tulane Qb that came out got cut by green bay, I'd prefer him to Devito all day.

Terrence Marshall Jr was cut by the panthers, not a year ago teams were offering a 2nd/3rd for him.

Corners CJ Henderson the 2020 1st rd pick, and Desmond King the Iowa stand out were cut.

Bailey Zappe was also cut

Carl Lawson out as well.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Jclayton92 on August 27, 2024, 04:33:48 PMJameis Winston, and Taylor Heinicke are supposedly up for trade for a late round pick.

Micheal Pratt the Tulane Qb that came out got cut by green bay, I'd prefer him to Devito all day.

Terrence Marshall Jr was cut by the panthers, not a year ago teams were offering a 2nd/3rd for him.

Corners CJ Henderson the 2020 1st rd pick, and Desmond King the Iowa stand out were cut.

Bailey Zappe was also cut

Carl Lawson out as well.

I wouldn't give up any picks, but if he gets released, I'd take a flyer on Jameis Winston.  He had some good seasons before he went to the Saints.  And he should be cheap.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

DaveBrown74

I am an ND fan, and I think Hartman is not good at all. Huge disappointment at ND. Put up big numbers in the ACC but so did Kenny Pickett.

TDToomer

Quote from: AZGiantFan on August 27, 2024, 06:27:59 PMI wouldn't give up any picks, but if he gets released, I'd take a flyer on Jameis Winston.  He had some good seasons before he went to the Saints.  And he should be cheap.

What do you consider cheap? He's has a $8.4 million cap hit with a $14 million salary.
I want nothing to do with Winston after he defied his coach and called a run play with the Falcons expecting victory formation. One of the most bush league things I have ever seen a player do.

Would take Heinicke over Lock or Cutlets. He has a $4.3 million cap hit.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs