News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

2024 NFL QB Rankings

Started by Ed Vette, August 27, 2024, 07:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

EDjohnst1981

DaveBrown74

If you are going purely off of 2023 and nothing else, I don't think 30th would be all that unfair. Jones was brutal last year.

However I don't believe Jones is as bad a QB as he was last year, so I personally think 30th is too low. The 23rd ranking by the executives seems more fair to me.

bamagiantfan

That list has him one spot higher than the last list I saw.

Hey, it's progress.  :-?? 
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

Ed Vette

It really wasn't about Jones, but the overall list by group and the humorous comments.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Painter

Whether counting tears or Tiers, 10 are far too many to be taken seriously. The most recent of such, reported as the consensus of some 100 odd football professionals, has Daniel Jones ranked as a Tier 4 of which there ain't no lower, I do believe.

Cheers!

todge

These so called rankings are solely based on reputation and the previous year. They also fail to account for dramatic changes in supporting casts as if the QBs are in the same class as tennis players.

Jones finally has an OL that should give him more than 2 seconds to throw the ball (which is all he had the first six games). He also has a bona fide WR in Nabers unlike his best receiver in 2022 that was Hodgins.

I expect Jones to end up in the teens this year and maybe higher if he stays healthy. Even then though, what do rankings really mean? Nothing of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk