News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Meet the 5 captains of this year's team

Started by MightyGiants, August 27, 2024, 01:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TDToomer

Very reasonable amount of captains for a change. All Vets on their 2nd contract.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

President Rick

voted as captains by the players.  I like it that way.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Jclayton92

Bob In PA

Quote from: Jclayton92 on August 27, 2024, 04:43:47 PMDown from the 74 last year we now have 5.

https://www.bigblueview.com/2024/8/27/24229814/2024-ny-giants-brian-daboll-announces-team-captains-daniel-jones-dexter-lawrence

Jones, Thomas, Lawrence, Okereke, and Kreiter?

J: Don't pooh-pooh the value of Kreiter. I don't want to jinx it but has he ever delivered a bad snap? Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Jclayton92

Quote from: Bob In PA on August 27, 2024, 05:03:48 PMJ: Don't pooh-pooh the value of Kreiter. I don't want to jinx it but has he ever delivered a bad snap? Bob
Just assumed Gano would get the nod.

TDToomer

Why do we need 2 threads about the same thing? ~X(
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Giant Obsession

Again, another attempt to legitimize Jones being on this team.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

MightyGiants

Quote from: Giant Obsession on August 27, 2024, 06:42:08 PMAgain, another attempt to legitimize Jones being on this team.

By having all the players vote him in as one of 5 team captains?  :-??
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 28, 2024, 07:34:32 AMBy having all the players vote him in as one of 5 team captains?  :-??
He has the respect of his teammates and they're behind him. I'm cool with it.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: T200 on August 28, 2024, 09:35:40 AMHe has the respect of his teammates and they're behind him. I'm cool with it.

That he does, and he has the work ethic. He's an absolute logical choice.

Giant Obsession

Those are all great reasons.  I understand now it is the players.

I always worried after last years 9 captains it was daboll annointing them.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

madbadger

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 28, 2024, 07:34:32 AMBy having all the players vote him in as one of 5 team captains?  :-??

If anything it'll make things interesting when he's replaced by Lock after week 10.

Jclayton92

Quote from: TDToomer on August 27, 2024, 06:41:39 PMWhy do we need 2 threads about the same thing? ~X(
Where else is there a team captain thread?

TDToomer

Quote from: Jclayton92 on August 28, 2024, 02:59:13 PMWhere else is there a team captain thread?

https://giantsfans.net/message_board/index.php?topic=70719.0

Created 3 hours before this one. People need to scroll the first page.
Edit: It appears they were merged which is why you only see one. .