News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Chiefs Releasing Kadarius Toney!

Started by Gman329, August 27, 2024, 01:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gman329

Apparently tried to trade him, found no takers.

uconnjack8

He's got enough talent that he'll get another chance somewhere.  Probably with a pretty short leash.

TDToomer

Quote from: uconnjack8 on August 27, 2024, 01:54:04 PMHe's got enough talent that he'll get another chance somewhere.  Probably with a pretty short leash.

As a rapper?

Hey Travis Kelce, how did we let him leave our building?

Unless he lost his guarantees due to a contract violation the Chiefs are on the hook for his entire 2025 salary and cap hit.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MightyGiants

So the Toney trade (including the Waller trade) was a lose/lose
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Doc16LT56

It was a horrific decision to trade the opportunity to draft Parsons or Slater in exchange for Toney and Neal.

It was an excellent decision to cut bait on Toney (even if they did squander the pick on Waller) imo.

I do agree with the lose/lose description, though.

Painter

It doesn't surprise me in the least. Who can forget the image of him on Draft day standing in the middle of the room wearing a hoodie? As far as I was concerned, he had BUST written all over him. I'm not talking about his hands but his head.

At least, we now know that Andy Reid is capable of pulling a Gettleman although the subsequent Schoen/ Daboll trade of Yung Joka for Waller and Hawkins via the Chiefs' Comp 3rd and 6th Rounders looked purty good at the time. Now, not so much although better than nothing, I suppose.

Cheers!

madbadger

Good. He has kept someone that really loves the game from being on the roster.

sooners56

The Giants have been really bad at drafting!!!!!!!!  :doh:
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

sooners56

With Toney being cut, that leaves the majority of Daniel Jones and the Giants  top WR targets over the years without a team currently. Toney, Shepard, Hodgins, John Ross, Paris Campbell and I know I am forgetting several others.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

Grime Time

He helped the Chiefs beat the Eagles. All that I care about in the end. 
Get busy livin ,  or get busy dying.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 27, 2024, 02:09:57 PMSo the Toney trade (including the Waller trade) was a lose/lose

At least Waller seems to have been a solid teammate and citizen though.

Not that that translated to wins, but still.

Giant Obsession

Hey, we do need a healthy kick returner with some escapability.

I see no reason why.....

okay, just kidding.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Ed Vette

2.5mm dead cap hit. He had more yards in one year with the Giants than two with KC. What a waste of God given talent.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

EDjohnst1981