News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants worked out

Started by MightyGiants, August 29, 2024, 06:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 30, 2024, 05:12:50 PMAgreed Lenn.

I didn't hear or read the whole interview, but if that were actually a dead serious answer by Brown to that question, my currently very high opinion of him as an NFL front office executive would take a material hit.

However I have to assume it was either not serious or there was some contextual explanation.

Q: What have you seen from (quarterback) Daniel (Jones)... What did you see from him in the preseason game that either gave you confidence or coming back from that injury and his decision-making?

BRANDON BROWN: I think when you look at Daniel (Jones) in the preseason game, I highly respect and his teammates both new and old see how he rehabbed and came back in this timeframe. The one thing I take comfort in, and I know there will be continued development in, is his ability to push the ball down the field, being more aggressive, and taking those deep shots. You saw the throw to (wide receiver Darius) Slayton. I think this is the first time in his career (that) Daniel (Jones) has had four receivers that could line up on a 4x100m track team and are creating natural separation. I think the more that we have the gelling, the cohesiveness, especially with that top group, it's going to be the best outcome for everybody involved. I think DJ (Daniel Jones) is going to get used to seeing that separation and having more anticipation on some of these throws. So, I'm happy where he's at. I'm glad that he was able to get his feet wet after eight months and really attacking rehab.

Q: Are you in the quarterback market?

BRANDON BROWN: Why would we be in the quarterback market right now? DJ coming eight months off his ACL injury and having his feet wet for the first time against Houston, it's all a part of the progression process and it's him getting used to his weapons and us being able to protect them. I think what the offensive line has shown in the preseason right now, is there's continued continuity. We all think that there's going to be an evolution process here where we can continue to build continuity and DJ gets comfortable as we get more reps.

Q: So you're comfortable with the quarterback depth chart being Daniel (Jones) and Drew (Lock) for Week 1?

BRANDON BROWN: And (quarterback) Tommy (DeVito). I think when you look at the three guys we have right now, I trust Dabs, (I) trust (Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator Mike) Kafka, trust (Offensive Passing Game Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach) Shea (Tierney), (Tight Ends Coach) Tim Kelly. I think right now where we're at, they have a plan, and we haven't gotten to game plan-specific stuff yet. I think as you get into week one against Minnesota, we'll start getting into more of those game plan-specific things and scheming guys in a way that we can attack a defense.

https://www.giants.com/news/quotes-asst-gm-brandon-brown-hc-brian-daboll-rb-tyrone-tracy
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 31, 2024, 07:43:04 AMQ: What have you seen from (quarterback) Daniel (Jones)... What did you see from him in the preseason game that either gave you confidence or coming back from that injury and his decision-making?

BRANDON BROWN: I think when you look at Daniel (Jones) in the preseason game, I highly respect and his teammates both new and old see how he rehabbed and came back in this timeframe. The one thing I take comfort in, and I know there will be continued development in, is his ability to push the ball down the field, being more aggressive, and taking those deep shots. You saw the throw to (wide receiver Darius) Slayton. I think this is the first time in his career (that) Daniel (Jones) has had four receivers that could line up on a 4x100m track team and are creating natural separation. I think the more that we have the gelling, the cohesiveness, especially with that top group, it's going to be the best outcome for everybody involved. I think DJ (Daniel Jones) is going to get used to seeing that separation and having more anticipation on some of these throws. So, I'm happy where he's at. I'm glad that he was able to get his feet wet after eight months and really attacking rehab.

Q: Are you in the quarterback market?

BRANDON BROWN: Why would we be in the quarterback market right now? DJ coming eight months off his ACL injury and having his feet wet for the first time against Houston, it's all a part of the progression process and it's him getting used to his weapons and us being able to protect them. I think what the offensive line has shown in the preseason right now, is there's continued continuity. We all think that there's going to be an evolution process here where we can continue to build continuity and DJ gets comfortable as we get more reps.

Q: So you're comfortable with the quarterback depth chart being Daniel (Jones) and Drew (Lock) for Week 1?

BRANDON BROWN: And (quarterback) Tommy (DeVito). I think when you look at the three guys we have right now, I trust Dabs, (I) trust (Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator Mike) Kafka, trust (Offensive Passing Game Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach) Shea (Tierney), (Tight Ends Coach) Tim Kelly. I think right now where we're at, they have a plan, and we haven't gotten to game plan-specific stuff yet. I think as you get into week one against Minnesota, we'll start getting into more of those game plan-specific things and scheming guys in a way that we can attack a defense.

https://www.giants.com/news/quotes-asst-gm-brandon-brown-hc-brian-daboll-rb-tyrone-tracy

Thanks for providing the context Rich.

Look, the Giants tried to move up in the draft to take an elite QB prospect and couldn't make it happen. That's all in the past now though, and it's all about this season. Their QB is Daniel Jones, period.

So there's no point in publicly undermining him. I get it.

Also no QB available now would be an upgrade to Jones anyway, unless we think Jones is going to play like he did last year, which I don't. So Brown's answer of "why would we be in the QB market RIGHT NOW" makes total sense. They were in the QB market earlier this past spring, and they may be in the QB market next spring, but there is no reason for them to be in the QB market at the end of August. He's not saying they won't be in the QB market 7-8 months from now.

All makes sense.

andrew_nyGiants

I would've phrased the question in a different way:

Are you searching to fortify your depth in the Quarterback room given Lock and Jones injury history?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!