News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - NCAA Football Week One Thread

Started by DaveBrown74, August 29, 2024, 08:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

Quote from: madbadger on August 31, 2024, 04:07:43 PMI watched the entire game as well and can only recall two passes where his receivers had to bail him out. FWIW that happens to every top qb in every single game. Keep in mind he dismantled a Clemson team that returned all but one or two starters from a team that finished last year with the 8th best defense in college football. There wasn't a single pass he made in that game where I thought that's a pick in the NFL. Sanders was impressive but he threw a couple passes against NDSU that would have been picked off by a good defense. I think Sanders is a good quarterback and will be a legitimate top 10 pick he faces garbage defenses week in and week out. His stats will be more impressive because of it.

Sanders throws have more nuance to them.  That is an NFL trait.  I dont see that in Beck, at least yet.  Clemson's defense fell apart in the second half.  Just look at how almost every GA run went for good gains.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Philosophers on August 31, 2024, 05:33:08 PMSanders throws have more nuance to them.  That is an NFL trait.  I dont see that in Beck, at least yet.  Clemson's defense fell apart in the second half.  Just look at how almost every GA run went for good gains.
Sanders has worked with Tom Brady since high school I believe.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on August 31, 2024, 05:33:08 PMSanders throws have more nuance to them.  That is an NFL trait.  I dont see that in Beck, at least yet.  Clemson's defense fell apart in the second half.  Just look at how almost every GA run went for good gains.

Clemson has collapsed as a program. Losing Venables as their DC was a blow, and not using the portal is obviously impacting them. They used to be a perennial top 3 program. Now they're getting humiliated in games.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on August 31, 2024, 04:58:44 PMI really need to see Ewers intermediate game this year to feel better about him but he's definitely a guy.
I'd like to see Arch take the starting job from him and then declare for the draft.

YES...I want to go full circle with the Mannings in NY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 31, 2024, 07:24:47 PMClemson has collapsed as a program. Losing Venables as their DC was a blow, and not using the portal is obviously impacting them. They used to be a perennial top 3 program. Now they're getting humiliated in games.

100% right.  No longer relevant.  Until this game I did not know they have not used the portal.  Silly.

VanPelt

Quote from: madbadger on August 31, 2024, 04:56:25 PMQuinn Ewers is spinning it really well today. There could be as many as five quarterbacks with a first round grade. Schoen needs to pick the right one.

Ewers threw for 260 yards on 20-27 passing, 3 TDs 1 Int, in basically 1 half. They pulled him after the 1st drive of Q3 and put in Archie.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: VanPelt on August 31, 2024, 07:53:46 PMEwers threw for 260 yards on 20-27 passing, 3 TDs 1 Int, in basically 1 half. They pulled him after the 1st drive of Q3 and put in Archie.

How did Arch look?

VanPelt

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 31, 2024, 07:58:03 PMHow did Arch look?

LOL - Archie tore them up too. He is a much better running QB that Eli or Payton, more like the original Archie. I'd take either one of them

madbadger

Haven't watched a second of the Ole Miss game but it appears as if Jaxon Dart is feeling it tonight.

VanPelt

Quote from: madbadger on August 31, 2024, 09:25:12 PMHaven't watched a second of the Ole Miss game but it appears as if Jaxon Dart is feeling it tonight.

I like Dart, but he is playing Furman who is a joke. I'm reserving judgement on him until he gets into the SEC schedule, when they play Georgia, OU, LSU, and KEntucky.

madbadger

Quote from: VanPelt on August 31, 2024, 09:32:44 PMI like Dart, but he is playing Furman who is a joke. I'm reserving judgement on him until he gets into the SEC schedule, when they play Georgia, OU, LSU, and KEntucky.

I think Furman is one of those games where if you don't have 300+ yards and three touchdowns you aren't a first round pick. He met that bar and cleared it easily.

VanPelt

Quote from: madbadger on August 31, 2024, 09:36:44 PMI think Furman is one of those games where if you don't have 300+ yards and three touchdowns you aren't a first round pick. He met that bar and cleared it easily.

True. I Like the kid, he did well at USC too. I think this draft is going to have a number of really good QB candidates. I Know last draft people were saying that this year was weak, but I don't think that is right. I mean in the SEC alone you have Beck, Dart, Ewers, and Milroe

madbadger

Quote from: VanPelt on August 31, 2024, 09:52:44 PMTrue. I Like the kid, he did well at USC too. I think this draft is going to have a number of really good QB candidates. I Know last draft people were saying that this year was weak, but I don't think that is right. I mean in the SEC alone you have Beck, Dart, Ewers, and Milroe

Can Ward looked really good as did Sanders. We're gonna have a chance to get a good quarterback.