News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

DT Elijah Garcia

Started by MightyGiants, August 30, 2024, 08:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Art Stapleton
@art_stapleton
Chatted with former Broncos DT Elijah Garcia yesterday and his head was still spinning after a hectic 48 hours.

He was waived Tuesday at the deadline. Driving away from the facility in Denver, his agent called and Giants said they were interested in having him join the PS if he cleared waivers.

Once he did, Garcia had to get on a plane in Denver on Wednesday. The tram at the airport was down. He was in a panic. Just made the flight to NJ.

The weather was sketchy Wednesday night, so his flight was diverted to Washington.

Finally got to NJ around 1 a.m. Thursday, roughly 7 hours on plane. Checked into hotel, had to be up by 7 for his physical with Giants yesterday a.m.
On the team, in meetings and at practice yesterday.
7:32 AM · Aug 30, 2024
·
 Views

https://x.com/art_stapleton/status/1829482319691890985
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MrGap92

Hell of a few days for the guy, hopefully things work out for him, we still need some DL depth so hopefully he can develop and eventually help down the line. Let us hope all of the Undrafted Elijahs at DT work out lol

MightyGiants

Quote from: MrGap92 on August 30, 2024, 08:06:51 AMHell of a few days for the guy, hopefully things work out for him, we still need some DL depth so hopefully he can develop and eventually help down the line. Let us hope all of the Undrafted Elijahs at DT work out lol

I think he has the potential to fill the role Ryder Anderson had
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Denver's DL is stacked and there just wasn't room to keep him, and apparently wanted to. I've read some stuff here and there, and he sounds promising. A DE (6-5/300+) with some decent moves to get at the QB and in his prime. Time will tell
The fact that Keith Richards has outlived Richard Simmons, sure makes me question this whole, "healthy eating and exercise" thing

President Rick

who was cut to make room?

same ? if we sign adoree jackson [I assume it will be a DB there].

oops...just saw Garcia is on the PS.  OK....he's  in the fold!
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on August 30, 2024, 08:18:47 AMI think he has the potential to fill the role Ryder Anderson had
Rich: Anderson was the player I thought of 1st when I heard Garcia would get a chance with the Giants. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!