News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

QB prospects in 2025 NFL Draft Evaluation By LY QBR And TY Stats

Started by brownelvis54, August 31, 2024, 01:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

I am sure many here have a favorite college QB. With the high probability of moving on from Daneil Jones after this season, who do you like? For me my guy is Carson Beck.

Ranking top quarterback prospects by QBR

QBR rating is from 2023 stats as we enter Week 1's full schedule.

Dillon Gabriel, Oregon (87.3)
Kaidon Salter, Liberty (86.2)
Noah Fifita, Arizona (85.6)
Carson Beck, Georgia (85.2)
Kyle McCord, Syracuse (83.7)
Jalen Milroe, Alabama (83.6)
DJ Uiagalelei, Florida State (80.8)
Quinn Ewers, Texas (78.7)
Brady Cook, Missouri (77.2)
Josh Hoover, TCU (77.1)
Garrett Greene, West Virginia (76.7)
Jaxson Dart, Ole Miss (76.7)
Will Howard, Ohio State (75.3)
Joey Aguilar, Appalachian State (73.2)
Chandler Morris, North Texas (73.1)
Drew Allar, Penn State (72.7)
Haynes King, Georgia Tech (72.3)
Riley Leonard, Notre Dame (72.1)
Jordan McCloud, Texas State (71.9)
Preston Stone, SMU (71.3)
Tyler Van Dyke, Wisconsin (71.0)
Zeon Chriss, Houston (69.3)
Graham Mertz, Florida (68.5)
Rocco Becht, Iowa State (67.9)
Seth Henigan, Memphis (67.9)

I am currently recording Georgia vs Clemson

and I am going to watch Notre Dame vs Texas A&M  they play 4:30 PT

https://sports.yahoo.com/ranking-top-qb-prospects-2025-165837506.html

The KING is in the building

Philosophers

Everyone is talking about Beck and some about Sanders but Jalen Milroe is someone that I have my eye on. 

Jclayton92

It's a Beck, Sanders, Ewers, and Dart party. Just wait and see who takes the lead.

andrew_nyGiants

I think Howard @ OSU can develop and hoping Arch will take the starter job in TX and then declare at the end of the season.

Let's BEEF UP our options!! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Philosophers

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on August 31, 2024, 07:51:14 PMI think Howard @ OSU can develop and hoping Arch will take the starter job in TX and then declare at the end of the season.

Let's BEEF UP our options!! LOL

Arch's body looks light to me.  Think he needs some good muscle weight.

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: Philosophers on August 31, 2024, 07:54:22 PMArch's body looks light to me.  Think he needs some good muscle weight.
You may be right but that arm and those legs looked good today!

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Philosophers

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on August 31, 2024, 07:55:31 PMYou may be right but that arm and those legs looked good today!

Next week Ewers and Manning play against Michigan which has a great D so we'll see how they do.  They have probably 3 2025 first round picks plus Wink running D

brownelvis54

I wonder about the kid that's from Penn st
If I remember correctly, someone last year was really high on him

madbadger

Quote from: Philosophers on August 31, 2024, 05:42:48 PMEveryone is talking about Beck and some about Sanders but Jalen Milroe is someone that I have my eye on. 

At one point tonight Milroe was 4-6 for 186 yards and three touchdowns. Might be the most efficient stat line for a quarterback in a long time.

brownelvis54

I just finished watching Clemson vs Georgia. I thought Beck looked pretty good

Ed Vette

Player    PFF Pass    TD-Int    Comp %   YPA    PFF Total
Dart         95.5         5-0           81.5         15.5     95.7
Nico         91.2         3-0          78.6         11.2     87.3
Sanders   90.4         4-1          76.6         13.1     90.7
Ewers       78.4         3-1          74.1         9.6      79.1
Beck        64.3         2-0          69.7          8.4      69.0
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Painter

I am keenly aware of those pianists who presently may be regarded as the world's best. Although, I do play piano myself, it would never occur to me rank those extraordinary talents in some sort of pecking order. Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting that there is any comparability between those with the gift of genius and a list of 2025 QB Draft prospects. But it does make it difficult and awkward, almost embarrassing, for me to do so for the latter when all I can do is stick a wet finger in the air.

But then I remind myself that it's all Fantasy Football reminiscent of Chopin's Opus 30, Fantasie-Impromptu in C# minor, the melody from the middle section of which was used in the popular Vaudeville song "I'm Always Chasing Rainbows".  ;) 

Cheers!

bamagiantfan

That's a QBR list from last season. The list will look very different in 4 months and it isn't even a good list now. Cam Ward is already in the top 5 after yesterday, he won't be going down on that list, and will be in New York as a finalist for the Heisman.

I will be focusing on the guys who look better every time I see them, starting with Ward and Cook.

Enjoy the games and save this stuff for February.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

ralphpal1

You don't want the QB who just throws it to that one amazing WR
And he gets bailed out all.the time
That is why most of these QBs fails
That play where they go to all.the time and it works
Doesn't happen in the nfl
Now what

Philosophers

Quote from: madbadger on August 31, 2024, 09:27:49 PMAt one point tonight Milroe was 4-6 for 186 yards and three touchdowns. Might be the most efficient stat line for a quarterback in a long time.

Amazing stretch of production.  I was impressed by Sanders 5-5 for 125 but Milroe blew oast that.