News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Predictions for the Vikings VS Giants game

Started by MightyGiants, September 03, 2024, 09:02:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

Giants win.

The D suffocate a bad quarterback and he'll make boneheaded decisions because he's a bad quarterback.

Giants put up 27 points.

MrGap92

I do expect them to open up with a win

Giants 20
Vikings 14

Expect it to be sloppy and at times ugly, with the defense getting it done.

Bob In PA

Good weather... Giants win, 30-27  Bad weather... Giants win 16-14.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on September 03, 2024, 10:47:14 AMGood weather... Giants win, 30-27  Bad weather... Giants win 16-14.  Bob

Early forecasts are for good weather
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jgrangers2

Giants win 27-16. Improved O-line and Nabers opens up the passing game. The D-line does enough against a solid Minnesota O-line and the D takes advantage of Darnold to create turnovers and secure the W

katkavage

I don't see how the Giants lose. They are facing a journeyman QB. The Vikings look like cellar dwellers of the NFC North. Like when they faced them in the playoffs in 2022, the Giants are just the better team. And this game is at home.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: katkavage on September 03, 2024, 03:43:40 PMI don't see how the Giants lose.

I'm pretty confident that there are a lot of people in the state of Minnesota saying the same thing about their team right now, too.

Still, I think we have the bad taste of the last week one fresh in our mouths, and our guys stayed reasonably healthy in camp this year. So,

Giants 21
Vikes 17

gregf

We've seen so little in preseason to know what we have.   I'll be honest ecstatic with a respectable passing game, o line competency, some Nabers magic, and some pass rush juice from Burns and Thibodeux

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

todge

I always enjoy logging into the opposing teams  website on the Bleacher Report. Of course the two guys in their podcast predicted an easy Vikings win. They went on to say that Daniel Jones will throw "his usual three or four interceptions ". Guess they forgot that DJ lit them up in the 2022 Playoff game for 300 yards passing. Jones will always be thought of as a turnover machine despite the fact he was dead last in turnovers among starting QBs in 2022.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sooners56

Giants start fast with a quick 17 points by halftime while the defense keep the Vikings to 10. 2nd half the Giants offense manages a TD and that's it. Vikings get a TD from Jefferson bringing their total to 17. Giants win 24-17.

I fully expect the Giants to win. The Vikings have Jefferson but other than that, not much else. The Vikings D is still not even average which Jones exploits.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jclayton92

Think everyone forgot this isn't the 2022 Vikings defense. Flores blitzed more than wink last year and had his D in the top 11-15 of most defensive categories outside  a few passing metrics.

Jordan Addison and some of their other guys aren't scrubs on offense. This also isn't the Jets Darnold, he put up good numbers on a horrible panthers team before leaving.

No cake walk in week 1.

Painter

I see it as a game likely to be determined by the relative performances of Sam Darnold- who Gettleman eschewed in 2018 for the now Eagles RB Saquon Barkley, and that of his 2019 (6th overall) pick Daniel "Danny Dimes" Jones.

I'm a rooter not a guesser- it ain't fantasy football for me- so you know what side of my finger in the air will be moistened.

Cheers!

miss86

I picked the Giants to win in my pool. There are so many ifs. If the OL is solid in pass blocking and if the QB can process where the blitz is coming from and get rid of the ball. If the receivers get open and catch the ball. If the OL can open running lanes for the RB. If the Defense can get to Darnold and make him make mistakes. If the secondary can cover Jefferson. Hopefully, DJ doesn't take too many risks running the ball. The Giants win.  =D>