News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Predict the Giants' season record

Started by MightyGiants, September 03, 2024, 09:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

https://x.com/TalkinGiants/status/1830738847816139126

I will confess I see too many paths this team could take.  I see paths that lead to the Giants contending again for a top spot in the draft as well as the team being a playoff team that potentially makes some noise.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

2-0 is essential. If that occurs, it probably means only that we're hanging by a rope rather than a thread.

This team will keep trying, but getting off to a bad start cannot be overcome unless we stay injury-free.

Depth is better, but still not complete, so we probably can't compete for anything but a wildcard (even if relatively injury-free).

Bob

PS. Oh yeah... if we start 2-0, then 10-7.  If we start 1-1 or 0-2, then 7-10
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

EDjohnst1981

I think it could be anywhere between 7-10 and 9-8.

Anything less than 7 will be pretty bad and with the jettisoning of Wink, where's Dab's gonna place the blame? Perhaps it will be on Jones but if he takes a step forward and the team still can't win, I think his seat will be very warm come January.

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: Bob In PA on September 03, 2024, 10:44:40 AM2-0 is essential. If that occurs, it probably means only that we're hanging by a rope rather than a thread.

This team will keep trying, but getting off to a bad start cannot be overcome unless we stay injury-free.

Depth is better, but still not complete, so we probably can't compete for anything but a wildcard, even if relatively injury-free.

Bob

PS. Oh yeah... if we start 2-0, then 10-7.  If we start 1-1 or 0-2, then 8-9. 

I am absolutely expecting a 2-0 start, Bob. They start with Darnold and a team that Jones absolutely owns, who will be bedding in with a rookie QB.

I genuinely cannot see them losing either game.

madbadger

I'm not seeing it or even feeling it with this team. Defense will be better and Nabers will be a revelation but we end 6-11.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Bob In PA on September 03, 2024, 10:44:40 AM2-0 is essential. If that occurs, it probably means only that we're hanging by a rope rather than a thread.

Depth is better, but still not complete, so we probably can't compete for anything but a wildcard (even if relatively injury-free).

Bob

PS. Oh yeah... if we start 2-0, then 10-7.  If we start 1-1 or 0-2, then 7-10.
This. Easy schedule this season. If they can't go 10-7 then something out of the norm screwed them up.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

katkavage

I don't see them beating any teams with good QBs. That means losses to Dallas (2), Cincinnati, Baltimore, Philadelphia (2 unless they meltdown as they did last year). So that is 6 losses there. If Cleveland's defense is as good as it was last year, I don't seem the Giants winning on the road. Seattle on the road is a tough one. Atlanta has talent. If Cousins is healthy, that will be rough. Tampa is a winnable game as is N.O, so I see a split there. Pittsburgh has QB problems but the Giants play them there. A very tough place to win. The Colts game I see as a win. Washington should be better but I see a split there. Hard to believe the Giants keep owning them. Carolina is a victory. Minnesota is a victory. I'm terrible at math but based on my expert analysis, I see 5 wins. One thing I know for sure. I will be wrong. Other teams will have major injuries that will alter the dynamic. 

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

katkavage

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 03, 2024, 11:42:13 AMThis. Easy schedule this season. If they can't go 10-7 then something out of the norm screwed them up.
What's easy about the schedule? AFC North? Seattle on the road? At Atlanta? Two games with Philly and Dallas.

Ed Vette

Quote from: katkavage on September 03, 2024, 01:42:13 PMWhat's easy about the schedule? AFC North? Seattle on the road? At Atlanta? Two games with Philly and Dallas.
Dallas, Philly, Balt and Cleveland and maybe Cinn are the tough games. The rest are 2x Wash, Carolina, Minn without a QB and a bunch of 500 teams that can go either way. They can beat Indy, Tampa, Atl, Seattle, and Pitts. I see the Giants as a 500 + team. They don't face Buffalo, KC, Niners, Miami or Houston. If they can't win the first two games, then the problem is the HC. Another slow start and watch the headlines. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Philosophers

6-11 or maybe 7-10.

Not confident about DJ improving enough nor injuries ravaging the OL and team again.

Woody

5-12 and Mara has Belicheck on speed dial

Trench

10-7
Jones plays much better.

The oline is the surprise of the team.

Using the fullback as a lead will become trendy again

Our RBs "collectively" put up better numbers than Saquon does

We become formidable defense on 3rd down with a new found pass rush

Okereke leads a LB crew who creates numerous turnovers

Our special teams has some very big plays this year on both sides

My uncomfortable spots:
- Daboll not showing balls/courage
- Gano
- Secondary
- 2 minute offense
- TE production
- Kafka role

I will feel very very good if we show oline strength and have early success in goal line running situations

katkavage

Ouch! The PFF dudes have the Giants last in the division at at 4-13 and 2-15. I listened to the podcast summing up the NFC East. In their Giants coverage they didn't even mention Daniel Jones.