News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Knock on wood- NYG starting the season with pretty good health

Started by MightyGiants, September 03, 2024, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

The wind will change direction and Evan Neal will not be able to practice.

Bob In PA

[re-written and re-posted]

Rich: IMO we've all been a bit "negligent" in not paying more attention to the injury to McFadden.

In short, he's a far more important cog in the Giants' defense than most fans realize.

His college D was similar to Bowen's. We need as much experience on the field as possible, especially early in the season and we have a number of young players in the starting secondary (which is the most questionable aspect of our defensive personnel) who will rely on having linebackers who know the defense and can help them with their pre-snap keys. Okereke and McFadden are the two guys who can do that job best, IMO.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Dan Salomone

@Dan_Salomone
GIANTS WEEK 1 GAME STATUSES

Out: None

Doubtful: None

Questionable: None

S Dane Belton (back), OLB Brian Burns (ankle), QB Drew Lock (abdomen), LB Micah McFadden (groin), WR Gunner Olszewski (groin) were limited in Friday's practice.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MrGap92

MightyGiants

Quote from: MrGap92 on September 06, 2024, 03:18:40 PMWhen is the last time we went into a game this healthy?

It's been a long time, especially if you eliminate games where the 100% good health involved putting the injured players on IR.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 06, 2024, 02:57:19 PMhttps://x.com/art_stapleton/status/1832130513420628362

Rich: I can't buy Stapelton's supposition, because the Vikings have two guys on their own injury report who were reported as being not injured - just being rested - and the Giants could have done the same thing, but they did not. I'd say it won't keep Burns from playing on Sunday but it WILL limit his snaps (and mine is also just a guess but I like my reasoning better lol). Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

DragonSoul

From reports on training camp last season and this one. Reporters were saying they went very light last year to try to keep the players healthy. Obviously a ton on injuries.

This year they went much harder so we will see if it makes a difference, plus luck is a factor as well. But we still need quality depth in the worse case scenario.