News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Colts Cut 3 2024 Draft Picks

Started by uconnjack8, September 03, 2024, 06:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uconnjack8

Found this interesting.  Colts had 9 picks in the 2024 draft and have cut 3 of them while trimming down to 53. 

I don't know anything about the players but thought it was at least unusual.  The players cut were selected in the 5th, 6th and 7th rounds. 

"As NFL teams cut their rosters down to 53 players on Tuesday, the Colts announced that among their cuts were cornerbacks Jaylin Simpson and Micah Abraham and defensive tackle Jonah Laulu. All were selected during this year's draft."

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts-release-big-chunk-2024-draft-class-cutdown-day

Ed Vette

Too many picks, not enough roster spots. Now, did they sign FA's to the Roster? Then the next ones cut will be the scouts.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Quote from: uconnjack8 on September 03, 2024, 06:18:18 PMFound this interesting.  Colts had 9 picks in the 2024 draft and have cut 3 of them while trimming down to 53. 

I don't know anything about the players but thought it was at least unusual.  The players cut were selected in the 5th, 6th and 7th rounds. 

"As NFL teams cut their rosters down to 53 players on Tuesday, the Colts announced that among their cuts were cornerbacks Jaylin Simpson and Micah Abraham and defensive tackle Jonah Laulu. All were selected during this year's draft."

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts-release-big-chunk-2024-draft-class-cutdown-day

uconn: I never pay attention to AFC teams, but this year I dug deep into Colts (reason unimportant).

I predict they will be the number-one surprise team of 2024 (in a good way).

I'm asking you to keep this in mind (in case I forget) and hold me to it, especially if I'm wrong.

Bob

PS. I mention it now because this thread's subject matter supports my idea that Indy has an fine team this year (which might even be a great team).
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

Quote from: Bob In PA on September 04, 2024, 09:14:27 AMuconn: I never pay attention to AFC teams, but this year I dug deep into Colts (reason unimportant).

I predict they will be the number-one surprise team of 2024 (in a good way).

I'm asking you to keep this in mind (in case I forget) and hold me to it, especially if I'm wrong.

Bob

PS. I mention it now because this thread's subject matter supports my idea that Indy has an fine team this year (which might even be a great team).
Anthony Richardson is the real deal.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 04, 2024, 11:21:08 AMAnthony Richardson is the real deal.

Ed: I agree.

He was the difference-maker in changing my evaluation from contender to AFC top three team.

We'll see.  Their depth is not optimal, but it's better than the Giants have.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!