News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - **Around The NFL, Week One Thread**

Started by DaveBrown74, September 05, 2024, 09:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Please discuss all non-Giants games here.

Anyone watching tonight? KC/Baltimore in a good one. Impressed with the Chief receivers (Rice and Worthy) so far. Zay Flowers also looking good for Baltimore. Haven't seen one ball go to Mark Andrews or Travis Kelce yet, which is interesting.

Rosehill Jimmy

Another flag fest.  I'm telling you, the NFL is making it harder and harder to enjoy the games
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 05, 2024, 09:36:40 PMPlease discuss all non-Giants games here.

Anyone watching tonight? KC/Baltimore in a good one. Impressed with the Chief receivers (Rice and Worthy) so far. Zay Flowers also looking good for Baltimore. Haven't seen one ball go to Mark Andrews or Travis Kelce yet, which is interesting.

Loving me my Xavier Worthy in fantasy.

Philosophers

It makes me sick how many mid or late round draft picks are good starters on the Chiefs and Ravens

EDjohnst1981

I watched the game this morning, I enjoyed it. Likely looks like a player for the Ravens, Worthy had a nice debut.

The kick off was less than "dynamic".

Ed Vette

Likely had a huge game and the toe was not the reason they lost. Jackson missed a wide open receiver in the end zone and that was the reason they lost. He played heroically all game but came up short at the end. He failed to seal the deal. I also agree with Harbaugh's decision to go for the win on the two point conversion when it appeared that Likely scored a TD. The momentum was on their side and huge at that point.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

sooners56

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 06, 2024, 07:56:13 AMLikely had a huge game and the toe was not the reason they lost. Jackson missed a wide open receiver in the end zone and that was the reason they lost. He played heroically all game but came up short at the end. He failed to seal the deal. I also agree with Harbaugh's decision to go for the win on the two point conversion when it appeared that Likely scored a TD. The momentum was on their side and huge at that point.

Agree! Although Jackson missed two open receivers (Likely then Flowers) before throwing a good pass to Likely. Too bad for the Ravens the toe was out of bounds. 
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

Gman329

Another takeaway, Collingsworth is in midseason form - annoying as &%#@! 

WheresDayne

Is there an inside joke I'm missing on why people refer to him as "Collingsworth"?

Quotehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cris_Collinsworth

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: Gman329 on September 06, 2024, 10:03:08 AMAnother takeaway, Collingsworth is in midseason form - annoying as &%#@! 

I was thinking last night that I used to like him... about a decade ago. Everything is so superficial now. I don't know what he brings to the table at this point.

londonblue

The officiating was intrusive but it did not hide how far ahead of us both teams are. Their baseline is so high it makes it easier for those mid and late round picks to slot in and have their positives accentuated whilst working around their negatives. Also, we have no skin in the game so maybe take a more glass half-full view.

Our roster is deeper than it was a couple of years ago but to contend at all as a minimum we need Burns to excel, the OL to be sound and all our draft picks to carry more load than their draft slot as we are playing catch up. Nabers has to be a superstar, Nubin/Phillips/Johnson need to be solid starters, Tracy has to be a big play impact guy and Muasau a ST demon. It is hard for reality to meet our desperate hope/need so we can be glass half-empty.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

T200

To my knowledge, Lamar and the Ravens first teamers didn't play much in the pre-season. I can't help but to think had they played a half in each of the last two games, they would have been sharper and the outcome would have been different.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Bill Brown

""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

DaveBrown74

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on September 06, 2024, 10:58:01 AMI was thinking last night that I used to like him... about a decade ago. Everything is so superficial now. I don't know what he brings to the table at this point.

I am also less of a fan these days than I used to be. I thought about that last night during the game. He used to be so much more additive. Feels like he is just going through the motions now and clipping the annual coupon.

Ed Vette

It will be interesting to see how the Eagles look with all the changes they made to transform their team.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin